View Poll Results: Would you attend a UK meet ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scotland

1 5.88%
  • North England

2 11.76%
  • Central (manchester )

7 41.18%
  • South England

7 41.18%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Meet ..anyone suggested this yet ?

"stick it in the car"
    eh hehe
    i dont know why but that's humorous

11th would be better for me as the 4th as good as my aniversariy and im not sure playing with lasers would go down too well

will have a word with kevski may number 2 tonight and hopefully sound him out - im certain that if hes free he will be in

Rob

hang on arent the 4th and 11th Saturday nights...? DIdnt fluff say sats are a no go...?

any other dates?

Rob

Hey Fluff do you know if this place has lots of electrickery and waterery - ie will my SP168 whitelight be welcome - i bloody hope so!
    Last edited by stanwax; 06-26-2007 at 12:57.

Jeex
    Mark( fluff ) managed to sneak a post in there saying two things ....

1. hes still up for it
    2 . fri and sat nights are a no go !

can we keep the momentum going , can we pick another day/night ?

maybe the best way to pick is if mark tells us the date that suits him best ..then we simply work round it .. it will always be hard to accomodate everybody ? !

Mark,although the club aint available on weekend nights would it be accessible by day ? and then we go for dinner and move venue after 6 or somehting like that ? I realise you are very busy and dont want to organise event as such but I cant see anyone else popping out the woodwork to make this happen ..... all you need to do it detail a rough itinery of where we all need to be and when ..that should be enough ..the rest i am sure can be worked on as we go along .

PAUL

THIS MEET IS STILL LOOKING FOR AN ORGANISER TO PUT ON A HAT AND LIASE WITH FLUFF ... CMON anyone close enough to Leicester help out ?
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Thumbs up Come on you guys - make it happen! The hard part is done!

I'm telling you guys - if you've got the venue nailed down the rest is as easy as pie.

Witness all the problems we're having over on this side of the pond with SELEM. Trust me, if you've already got a place to meet, you're 90% there!

Given how much fun we had at FLEM back in January, I *really* want to make SELEM happen this summer. And since you UK folks haven't had a gathering yet, maybe you don't realize what you're missing. But trust me, once you guys get together, you'll want to do it again.

Here's hoping that we *both* manage to pull off our laser-geek meetings this summer!

Adam

This message has been pulled so as not to cause confusion.

The venue will now be at 'Fluff's' place.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 06-29-2007 at 00:40.

count me out, way to far
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up Laser Meet UK

Whoah JEM
    Well Done ! another idea into the mix

First off i am up for wakefield or leicester , either i will do my best to be there and its an awesome offer from you to subsidise the event .

So you folks can add to me to either list , lets hope theres enough interest to get either off the ground . I have just scanned the members list and Pmd anyone i thought was in UK so hopefully we will get a few more members joining this thread and offering to come along .

Have you set in your mind a kind of minimum number you would like to see come along with kit to make it worthwhile ?

BTW just spoke to andy con on MSN , he might well still come along so you can add him as a "maybe"

EDIT ***************
    JEM - major issue SMOKE
    I cant imagine Holiday inn allowing smoke machines ?
    Is it not CRUCIAL ? we have smoke ?

PAUL
    Last edited by Lasermad; 06-27-2007 at 03:54.
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hi Guys

Best day for the club venue would be Sunday. I could make sure its all clean from the previous night, but we could do pretty much what we want with it, from about midday to whenever.

I should have about six lasers available 500mW-2Watt rgb , and a lot of bits and pieces

Obviously , there is plenty of power, music and smoke machines , so its the best venue i can offer. I will have to check on the water situation, but should be ok for the gas guys. Let me know the power requirement and water flow rates for any gas units.

Oh, And a bar !

And my own pub is about 1/2 a mile away, where good food can be had all day .

I also have no problem with Jems alternative, if others find it more convenient than Leicester. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough for people to get to Wakey , with using dingies !!

I hope something comes together ! Back to work now

Regards

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Default I'm up for that!

Hi folks, I'm in Rotherham so either Wakefield or Leicester is good for me, Although Wakey is nearer! Not That I've any thing to show you guys at the moment, still developing! But would be great to see other Laserists! I quite like Jems idea, with the room and sunday lunch, Yum!
    I have got a mobile disco set up I could bring if music and mics if required. Its PC based (PCDJ, Virtual DJ) and has Mamba Black installed on it, as well as the medialas usb box, As well as the velleman DMX usb adaptor and Freestyler DMX software.
    Cheers Rob