Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animating the rabbit in QS

Thanks Bart I didn't notice that till White-Light told me as I have been in a bit of a rush when reading stuff this week. Thank you so much I am going to try it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Attachment 37554

You would believe how ridiculously complicated this is in QS.
    First, you could apply a set of effects to the animation cue. But that would prevent me from uploading example file here, because these effects are not saved in the animation, they belong to the workspace. So, I have to use a synth, because this lets me save the effects along with the animation.
    But.. In QS you can't create a new synth from scratch, so you have to copy a cue, or load an empty synth you have saved earlier.
    Then, you can't transfer an animation from the workspace into the synth directly. So you have to go into the animation cue save it there, and import in into the synth. (or select the frames in the editor, and just copy paste it)
    Then you have to make sure it is time based, otherwise it will run out of sync with the time based effects. The animation is 11 frames so 11 fps should be good.
    Then you will have to create an oscillating linear effect along the x axis from right to left. Problem is the bunny hops. So it sits still 50% of the time. So two effects will be needed, one for the translation, one for the hopping. Otherwise it will look like it's on ice, sliding along as it sits still. Also a little negative phase delay is needed to sync the hopping effect with the animation. A third effect is added to reduce the rabbit size, otherwise it would take 2 hops to cross the screen.

For all the rest QS is a pretty easy piece of software with a short and shallow learning curve

Thanks Bart I didn't notice that till White-Light told me as I have been in a bit of a rush when reading stuff this week. Thank you so much. I managed to download it and get it to work. Is there an easy way to make it a bigger?
    Attachment 37554

You would believe how ridiculously complicated this is in QS.
    First, you could apply a set of effects to the animation cue. But that would prevent me from uploading example file here, because these effects are not saved in the animation, they belong to the workspace. So, I have to use a synth, because this lets me save the effects along with the animation.
    But.. In QS you can't create a new synth from scratch, so you have to copy a cue, or load an empty synth you have saved earlier.
    Then, you can't transfer an animation from the workspace into the synth directly. So you have to go into the animation cue save it there, and import in into the synth. (or select the frames in the editor, and just copy paste it)
    Then you have to make sure it is time based, otherwise it will run out of sync with the time based effects. The animation is 11 frames so 11 fps should be good.
    Then you will have to create an oscillating linear effect along the x axis from right to left. Problem is the bunny hops. So it sits still 50% of the time. So two effects will be needed, one for the translation, one for the hopping. Otherwise it will look like it's on ice, sliding along as it sits still. Also a little negative phase delay is needed to sync the hopping effect with the animation. A third effect is added to reduce the rabbit size, otherwise it would take 2 hops to cross the screen.

For all the rest QS is a pretty easy piece of software with a short and shallow learning curve

Rightclick on the cue, select edit synthesised image, click the tab :"Effect "quick synth item" then deactivate the "key-effect: size" by clicking the checkbox, or simply adjust the x&y size as you like.

Just curious, is there a particular reason you are interested in rabbits, or are you trying to learn more about the inner workings of QS?

Thanks once again. That was easy following your instructions. I even managed to move it down the page a bit so it doesn't interfere with the text banner I will be using.
    The decor I am having made is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland themed. The text banner scrolls 'Welcome to Wonderland follow the white rabbit' and the rabbit hops along below it. Thanks to you it look much better than it would have.
    Rightclick on the cue, select edit synthesised image, click the tab :"Effect "quick synth item" then deactivate the "key-effect: size" by clicking the checkbox, or simply adjust the x&y size as you like.

Just curious, is there a particular reason you are interested in rabbits, or are you trying to learn more about the inner workings of QS?

Have you tried projecting the text and the rabbit with your actual projector?
    That all sounds like a lot going on for a set of scanners. Is it DT40's in your projector, I forget?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Very good point. I just set it up and had a go. It does flicker a bit when the whole lot is going across but it seems to handle it as well as could be expected. On the plus side I projected it onto the midge netting I bought and it is really good. Virtually transparent but it holds a very good projection and lets loads of the light pass through to the wall beyond. I am very happy with the netting.
    As for the scanners being DT40s, they're supposed to be but who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Have you tried projecting the text and the rabbit with your actual projector?
    That all sounds like a lot going on for a set of scanners. Is it DT40's in your projector, I forget?

it is easy to drag the animation to the Quick Timeline use the position effect to do what ever you want and than drag that show to a new cue