We had a show that got a short approval notice and we wanted to do something special for this event. So I called Marc at CT Lasers to see if he could help me out with some quick turnarounds.

Ordered a KVANT 3W 445 blue and a 1.3W 637 red as these were prominent colors in the logo and graphics of the event. (These were also used with a RGB projector, another KVANT blue laser and some green YAG projectors.) Marc thought he could make our deadline and we went for it.

Happy to say, the lasers came in just in time. Especially when there was a major snowstorm out East that could have really messed things up.

Now about the KVANT lasers...
One word: "Incredible." The 3W blue laser just gives great quality for both graphics and for beam effects. The 1.3 W red laser produces this intense color also with good divergence. We setup a Pangolin color palette and combined both beams to produce some of the best saturated purple and pinks that I have ever seen. I didn't think pink beams could look so good.

For this show, the client's logos and other images extensively used blue and red. The color contrast between the blues and reds was just awesome.

I can honestly say these lasers are built like a tank, but with the craftsmanship of a fine Nikon camera. Both lasers came in above spec. which is always appreciated. The 1.3 W red housing has this nice robust weight; it just feels and looks like a quality product instead of some cheap metal and plastic housing. The fit and finish of these lasers is great. Of course the beams are most important, but if the housing is high quality I would suspect the inside components are also high quality.

So in a short period of time we used our new KVANT lasers to build a R/B projector and produce a fantastic show. Of course, like most of our laser projects things got finished about 3am in the morning of the show. In time, I will add a green laser to complete the projector system.

Topping this off, see my post on the Eye-Magic EMS-7000 scanners also from CT Lasers.