Thread: Prismatic color selection

Default Prismatic color selection

I'm not too familiar with this, but from what i understand this is a pre pcaom technique to pick colors out, and is still being used with extreme power lasers, such as the grand Cherokee dam..

Can anyone shed a bit more light on the method?

Dave
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Sure, i can see if i can remeber it all. We used to use it in our first laser projectors at AVI. the white beam would first his a prism( just the very tip) and the beam would be broken up into its main color lines. Using a Colomating lens, the beams would sit side by side each in a straight line. you could pick off the color you wanted by just inserting a miror at 45 deg and hit a scanner pair with that. Beacuse the beam coming from the prism hit a miror on a scanner, you could move and blend the colors or even modulate the colors so fast as to blend and color modulate the images..It was a beautiful way to add color modualtion to analog imagery... By adjusting frequency and gain you could have pastels or rich primary mixs..... We used 4 scanner pairs and picked off red yellow green and blue. an alignment nightmare, but the most beautiful shows, with lots of Dense imagery... GM20s could handle analog imagery so well, i feel, better than the 6800's i have. It seems you could get denser, higher freq imagery out of them, but for graphics, 6800's won out... we did a lot of tests at AVI on this type of thing, i think we were on of the Last companies to Move from 4 scanner pair shows, but we were still winning a majority of the awards at ILDA conventions.. Funny enough, in both Abstract and Graphic categorys.... God i miss the Old days.......
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

yea... I miss that I did not live in that old-days

Most of the old projectors use them. The reason you don't see them much anymore is that you're stuck with the primary laser lines and the difficulty of alignment. I can't find the pictures I have of Gary Statdler's rig, but they followed laserad's description pretty closely, though I do remember a couple of waveplates in there somewhere.

More recently, people use them as their own effects.

There's a GM20 underneath which places the beam through a bounce mirror and the prism and then the scanner.

Is that duct tape..I mean the great magical repair tape of the world?

Is that duct tape..I mean the great magical repair tape of the world? Wink
    Close, It is actually Gaff tape or gaffers tape. It is great stuff. It doesn't leave a residue on stuff so it it better than black duct tape.

Chad

That looks like a laserium beam rail.. Is it?

Yeah, that's "gaffer's tape"... if you're running any sort of power, I recommend getting some blackout tape... which is exactly like black tinfoil.

Yep, that's a laserium rail... not anything too special, except it has a machida in the center and a prism scanner on each side. It was built by Craig last year. We also have a classic 600 system which I'm fond of...

Cool! Do you have the full system, synth banks and all?

Chad

Yep...

The guts of the 600 is all wirewrapped!

the really cool part is that there were only two authoring boards ever built, and we have the other one!

The projector

A closeup in the crate

In the crate...