Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AixiZ - 200mw 650nm module

Default AixiZ - 200mw 650nm module

Hey i purchased one of these units from aixiz -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/650nm-200mW-la...QQcmdZViewItem

and it did not work at all. When applying 3v to the diode it worked fine but when applying power to the driver board nothing. Took two months to get a new one which i just received yesterday.

Wired it all up and its seems to turn on and work fine, but when connecting the TTL to my scanner no blanking???
    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...d=17&Itemid=23

contacted Aixiz and he said 5v turns it on and 0v turns it off. But i cant seem to get the TTL to work at all??

has anyone else got this module and had the same problems or am i doing something wrong???

thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default Re: AixiZ - 200mw 650nm module

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con

and it did not work at all. When applying 3v to the diode it worked fine but when applying power to the driver board nothing. Took two months to get a new one which i just received yesterday.

Wired it all up and its seems to turn on and work fine, but when connecting the TTL to my scanner no blanking???

contacted Aixiz and he said 5v turns it on and 0v turns it off. But i cant seem to get the TTL to work at all??

has anyone else got this module and had the same problems or am i doing something wrong???

thanks
    I have one like this with a different driver board and the TTL works with 0V turns it on and 5V turns it off. So if the TTL is not hooked up and it is on try 5V to the TTL and see if it goes off.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I know it's a little late now, but if you're looking for a 200 mw 650 nm red diode, your best bet really is one of the Maxyz modules from Marconi. For one thing, he's a long-time member here on PhotonLexicon, so customer support is always available. Plus there are many satisfied customers right here on the forum, so his good reputation is easily verifiable. Finally, if you want to combine two of them to get more power, he will sell you the polarizing beam splitter cube AND mount the second laser with the polarization rotated 90 degrees so you don't have to mess with it.

Here's a link to one of his auctions on E-bay for the 200 mw model. He runs these auctions almost continually, and they ususally sell for just under $300. (In fact, he was once offering a discount to registered PL members... Not sure if that deal is still in effect or not, but you might want to ask about it.)

If you end up sending your Axis module back, I'd recommend buying one of the Maxyz modules. (Remember that the Axis unit is a bare module, while Marconi's units come mounted in a large heat sink - another plus!)

Adam

Edit: Fred! Thought you were headed overseas today! Are you playing hooky? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    I know it's a little late now, but if you're looking for a 200 mw 650 nm red diode, your best bet really is one of the Maxyz modules from Marconi. For one thing, he's a long-time member here on PhotonLexicon, so customer support is always available. Plus there are many satisfied customers right here on the forum, so his good reputation is easily verifiable. Finally, if you want to combine two of them to get more power, he will sell you the polarizing beam splitter cube AND mount the second laser with the polarization rotated 90 degrees so you don't have to mess with it.

Here's a link to one of his auctions on E-bay for the 200 mw model. He runs these auctions almost continually, and they ususally sell for just under $300. (In fact, he was once offering a discount to registered PL members... Not sure if that deal is still in effect or not, but you might want to ask about it.)

If you end up sending your Axis module back, I'd recommend buying one of the Maxyz modules. (Remember that the Axis unit is a bare module, while Marconi's units come mounted in a large heat sink - another plus!)

Adam

Edit: Fred! Thought you were headed overseas today! Are you playing hooky? :P
    My flight got pushed back untill tomorrow.

Fred
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy

thanks
    I have one like this with a different driver board and the TTL works with 0V turns it on and 5V turns it off. So if the TTL is not hooked up and it is on try 5V to the TTL and see if it goes off.
    well when i spoke to aixiz he said 5v turns it on and 0v turns it off, but i cant get it to turn off at all.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

well when i spoke to aixiz he said 5v turns it on and 0v turns it off, but i cant get it to turn off at all.
    I presume it goes off if you remove the source (5v), I expect it is your dac that rather than switching between 0v and 5v is only switching between say 1v and 4.5v and the 1v is not low enough to switch the module off.

Jim

well its daves 15k scanner
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

What are you using to switch the laser though?

Jim

the re TTL output on the scanner
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm confused now :?
    You are trying to control the laser with the output from the 15k scanner driver board?
    The only output on the board apart from the galvo output is the blanking for if a scan fault occurs!

Jim