Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GB for 500mW RGB (ttl) LK-PD2 ILDA(in & out) projector/lumia/diffraction gratings.

I'm sorry...but this Does sound like a THREAT to ME. Hak is a kind, generous, knowlegable mentor to several people in the laser world. A promoter of SELEM "the gathering" and TEXLEM: My intro into the World of Lasers. Who are You? If your THREATS drive him away from this forum...it will be a Great loss to the knowledge base here. Again...Who Are You? I don't want to enter into a pissing contest here...this is a place for All types of Laser enthusiasts...Not an elite few.

Well that's unfortunate. I don't think Hak was doing any selling, rather he was organizing another group buy. I think it's complete garbage that the CDRH could have any jurisdiction over this anyway, unless of course folks purchase these projectors and then run public shows with them... Well nice work Hak, sorry to see it had to come to an end. Still looking forward to seeing one of these at SELEM!

Please inform me how does " getting my ass HANDED to me because I had a feeler on some cheapie chicom lasers." in anyway is different than this GB feeler?

nuphotonix,

So who died and made you projector czar? I think its ridiculous that you just keep going on about how you got your ass handed to you but yet you provide no details on what actual happened. Did your stuff get taken in customs? Did you pay fines? Did you go to jail? To take your anger out on someone who has done nothing to you doesn't make sense to me. If you want some cheap lasers go to ebay, if you want to play police on this forum as far as i'm concerned your not welcome. I may not speak for anyone else but myself but I did not join this forum to see a bunch of high school bullying and drama. I joined for knowledge and a community that shares the same interests. If you don't like the things that are happening on this forum then go away. No one asked you to scrutinize what is being done or how it is being done on this forum. Why don't you go after all the guys on ebay who sell the same non-varianced stuff, they claim you can use the projects in public. That is much worse. For a senior member in this forum you sure don't act like the mentor all of us new guys are looking for.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Not that I'm prepared to enter this fray yet but, I will point out one small thing. This forum happens to have worldwide members. Not just those in the US. Hak merely negotiated a good price with a company for forum members to pick up a very interesting projector. He wasn't handling the projectors or doing the importing, just handling the money. If I were a member in Australia, The Netherlands, England, Spain, Italy, South Africa, Utila, Russia, Canada, Germany, and a host of other places from which many members communicate here on a daily basis and, lost the opportunity to participate in the group buy, I'd be pissed. You have assumed that only people in the US were buying these. And, quite frankly, that responsibility (or lack thereof) to participate if you happen to be in the US, falls on the buyer. Play laser police for the US all you want (it falls on deaf ears anyway) but, contrary to some popular opinons, "we" don't rule the rest of the world.

(I know some people in Great Britan for example, have gotten in on this.)

I remember the posts that you deleted Nuphotonix. I remember something in that GB thread where you complained that some Chinese company or other wasn't giving you or one of your customers service, which somehow morphed into, "Hey let's get GB pricing for a ton of projectors." But it really seemed to many that there was something a little more shady going on, and that's why you got called out on it.

I am completely aware that what others are trying to do (~6,000 'projectors offered at ebay 99% are not legal)
    is absolutely no excuse- I knew that going into this- posts here about all that aspect is pointless-

if there was a what to undo this -- I would. i will not be doing any additional GBs- & have taken down any related posts.

I guess the irony on this is lost on all but me.. my goal in any deals I have going related to lasers ETC is to be able to afford the cost of the LSO course--

I had missed the thread last year on the GB Thread that IIRC was trying to do pretty much the same as I did.
    i would have never attempted to do a GB (even if I did not get the PJs for others shipped to me first)-

my hands are not the only ones dirty.

Any anger towards me makes no sense- I have no money/savings/assets of any great value-

are not even these- not legal to order?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-sell-Min...item5ae89d700b

I see nearly 6,000 listings for 'laser projectors' on ebay- i know that many ILDA members have projectors they got from China- even past board members and corperate ILDA sponsors.

And before anyone else says it= none of this is an excuse--

All I can do ATM is say sorry- and no more GBs of this type will be hosted by me.

I WOULD appreciate any constructive advice sent to me via PM or email.... i do not see much good happening with more added to this thread- and regret any bad feelings/opinions/etc towards this forum or any of its members that was caused by me.

V/R to all here---hak