Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap mitsubishi red module with drivers and analogue modulation......but...

But still its cheap....and i dont have 2000 or more for a kvant
    What? Borgqueenx, the last time you posted about a solution for a red laser source, the advice was to approach edison for a solution. I suggested you try building a module yourself, but you preferred a turn key product. That's OK. This is not turn key and I am going to go out on a limb and ASSURE YOU this laser will not meet specs. There are no diodes available that mounted like this and combined like this will work as they claim. And, for the price...? Then for you to take a pig's ear and try to build a silk purse out of it? Forget it! Regarding Kvant, if they want $2,000 for a 1W with these specs then I WILL build you one for less than that.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the kvant model is ~2200USD

http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/produ...r-module-kvant

borg,

unless you have a watt+ of 532 and a couple watts of 445 standing by, you will not possibly get a decent white balance with that much red.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    What? Borgqueenx, the last time you posted about a solution for a red laser source, the advice was to approach edison for a solution. I suggested you try building a module yourself, but you preferred a turn key product. That's OK. This is not turn key and I am going to go out on a limb and ASSURE YOU this laser will not meet specs. There are no diodes available that mounted like this and combined like this will work as they claim. And, for the price...? Then for you to take a pig's ear and try to build a silk purse out of it? Forget it! Regarding Kvant, if they want $2,000 for a 1W with these specs then I WILL build you one for less than that.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

the kvant model is ~2200USD
    Gasp! And that 1/2 angle spec... How about 100urad @1/10 angle?

Swami: 1:1:1 is best with 637nm according to alot people thats what i am hoping to achieve.

And yeah you guys are right about the module...i shouldnt get the ebay one.
    Maybe building one myself is the best option then...im just afraid of messing up^^ and i will have so much stopid(in most eyes) questions.
    Someone also offered his help by making me a module...but thats the 4th person so im a bit skeptic about it. So thats why i also research other options as backup.
    Last edited by borgqueenx; 04-02-2013 at 20:53.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

i'm not going to enter into that religious war.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    Swami: 1:1:1 is best with 637nm according to alot people thats what i am hoping to achieve.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My subjective ratio is better than your subjective ratio.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Maybe building one myself is the best option then...im just afraid of messing up^^ and i will have so much stopid(in most eyes) questions.
    1:1:1 is a great starting point, but it isn't necessarily the perfect ratio. Look in my signature at the powers in my projector; it's nowehere near that and I get a great white. I'm about to swap my defective green for an 800mw that might be as hot as a full watt when I get it and it will probably still give me a decent white. I don't believe having a perfect white is such a big deal. You're going to end up adjusting it in software to what you like, anyway. The only people who will really give you any grief over not having a perfect snow white are other perfectionist laserists, and how many of them do you really care about impressing? The crowd cares not at all and doesn't know any better.

As for questions, how else do you learn? I look at my old posts and can't believe how naive they are. I still make plenty of dumb, half-assed posts. Better to be corrected than stay ignorant.
    CT Lasers Luminance RGB @ 3.09 watts
    (680mw 640, 960mw 532, 250mw 473, 1200mw 445, DT40W)
    FB3 w/ Beyond
    Second RGB in progress.

Yeah i dont care alot anyway but i want to be close.
    I also want at least a watt because then i have a 3w projector. Else its 2.whatever and i dont like that
    I have 1050mw of 445nm and 850mW of 532nm coming out of my galvos. Thus after the dichros ect.

2-3W is a *lot* of power for living room laser shows. do you really need that much power?

when i'm programming shows, i project on a flat black surface so i don't damage my eyes.

Yeah i dont care alot anyway but i want to be close.
    I also want at least a watt because then i have a 3w projector. Else its 2.whatever and i dont like that
    I have 1050mw of 445nm and 850mW of 532nm coming out of my galvos. Thus after the dichros ect.

3w is awesome thats why
    The more the better
    But yeah i know about limits and that 3w is the limit for indoor...although that depends on more things and i dont want to dwell so much offtopic.