Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6210 Group Buy, AGAIN

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default 6210 Group Buy, AGAIN

As is well known, group buys can be hazardous to the organizer's mental health. The vendor for the 6810s shipped me a pile very fast. 10 of them were not re-usuable. They promised rapid turn-around on the replacements. I spent a considerable amount of my own money building a current limited Cambridge test kit to send them. The idea was a further group buy and they could make more money, and we'd get a further discount. Then I could also sell them some amplifiers. They have many, many, hundreds of the Galvos. Our cost could have went down considerably. Think 20$ a galvo or so,. I know there are faster, inexpensive scanners. However quality bearings, large mirrors, and quanity pricing has a use of its own.

The box I returned languished in a office for what I have later learned is internal political reasons on their end. Arc-Devilz was kind enough to release his part of the buy so others could have intact pairs, solving a thorny problem. Well, time went on and they kept promising me action. This went on too long. I personally sent Arc Devilz a refund of my own money. That hurt.

Finally I lit a fire under the vendor in a way one of their employees will probably regret. I'm good at that, but I reserve it for a last resort. Magically a technical employee stayed late, called me for directions, and tested 11 galvos and they arrived here post haste. I needed 10, they sent 11. Even in round one, they had sent a extra. I have a mahoosive apology from their senior staff.

Now I have 8 pieces of 6810s and no customer for them. The only thing wrong with them is the replacable fuse is blown.

35 dollars a piece + shipping recovers my money, if anyone is interested in these 8. They will be extensively tested before I ship them or accept your money. The shipping method you choose MUST have tracking.

As for Amps, DSLI Jon sent me a few amps, it will be the weekend before I can test/repair them. Mophead gets the first two amps as was the deal all along. My origional idea was also a group buy of amps. I will support those who participated before with a amp design, layout, and parts list shortly.

So if you want some 6810s, drop me a PM.

But I will NEVER administer a new group buy again.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-03-2013 at 18:20.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

What is the speed of these glavos? From what I can see, they look to be for larger beams and slower, more accurate, scanning.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Absolom,

12-14K depending on your amps. A bit faster if you downsize the mirror. They have the more expensive 4 photodiode sum/difference position detector for accuracy.

When your stacking 8 fat red diodes, or just want to sequence a beam table, this kind of galvo is not a bad choice. They will work with the Spencers amp schematic or the 6850 with mild modifications to its parts values. As most Chinese amps are 6850 hacks, amps are not difficult.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-03-2013 at 14:37.

This might be interesting for my lumia projector. I will be able to user fewer lasers per port and just steer the beam to the different lumia effects. If the mirros are large enough, I might even be able to steer a scanned image to the different lumia effects for scan thru. Then again, if I am just beam steering, I can put a large mirror on the galvos since I will not be "scanning" with them. Hopefully you will have these for a bit. I am very interested but need to wait until payday. Thanks for the reply and the PM, Steve!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Do they have mirrors or mirror mounts attached?

If not can you measure the shaft diameter?

thx

Cambridge took the data sheet off the site for these. They must have been flooded with requests. I have it on a old hard drive, and I'll need to recover it.

Attached are pictures I sent to the vendor explaining some of the test steps. I'll edit this post with dims shortly after I go remove a mount. There is no reason not to create a lighter mount.

One caveat, the Allen screws holding the mount are tightly tapped and held with Loktite. Some one was very serious about their mirror mount not slipping, as these were for a medical application.

Please note that the LittleFuse(tm) or Picofuse(tm) often blows after a few years in the field, for no reason other then the fuse aging. I and others have replaced fuses on Cambridges many, many times. Later generations of the same parts often do not have the fuse, gee, I wonder why...

Installed mirrors are ~ yellow/red/near IR.

EDIT::

Installed mirrors are 0.0990 inch thick (a tenth) by 0.4590 diameter Shaft is ~ 0.1150 Inch diameter.

Installed

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6810TEST1.jpg  

6810SIDE-VIEW.jpg  

Last edited by mixedgas; 04-03-2013 at 17:45.

Hey P'Fesser -

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    As for Amps,...sent me a few amps, it will be the weekend before I can test/repair them.
    Please tell me you *got* all 6, yes?? Lemme know.. and, yes, Cap'n Doug should get the 'cream of the crop'.. I think there is at least one-pair, that should be no worse-off than a blown x-sistor, or a bad pot, etc.. Don't believe any of them to be beyond-resurrection.. re:

...I have it on a old hard drive, and I'll need to recover it.
    ..see attached..

I may soon-have some 'questionable-condition' dual-amps, FS, on the-cheap.. Wanna test, first, then, I'll let ya know, if they're up for grabs / presenting-issues, etc.. Nothing 'known-wrong', but.. they came-in with some 'corrosion', from being in a sea-air install, and thus, won't go to any DSLI-clients.. But, may decide to keep as 'shop-amps', or, offer-up, 'as-is'.. will keep ya posted..

j

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6210Hdatasheet.pdf 
Views:	39 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	37700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6210HBOutline.pdf 
Views:	30 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	37701
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Jon, Yeah, I got the amps. I mistitled the thread, these are 6810s.

Steve

.. I mistitled the thread, these are 6810s.
    OIC. ..Well, hereyago.. http://www.cambridgetechnology.com/i...=57&Itemid=123 Cam had a bum-link at the 'logical' clickky-spot... I used my cyber-Leatherman, and found it..
    ...see attached..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6800-10-50 Datasheet.pdf 
Views:	33 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	37705 ..the 10's are on Pg 2..

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Steve, I'm sorry to see you in such a strain
    You are one of the very few guys that could pull this off, both in terms of knowledge in testing and patience in working with the supplier

I could be in for a second pair, but I will need to know where we stand in terms of amps. Again, I am in no hurry, so take your time
    "its called character briggs..."