Thread: projector wiring question

Default projector wiring question

im wiring up the motors for my new projector project and I would like to be able to run the motors at very low speed. Anyone know what spec pots i need to get? right now all I have on hand is some 1.5v to 3v motors and some 50k-ohm linear taper 500vdc/0.5w pots. these pots do work at 3v but only at the very top end and Im not getting these motors down to speeds I would like to see. Allthough these pots will work i would like to have more controll. Any advice?

How slow do you want to go? Pots won't take you down too far before they stall the motors. What about a geared motor? Or maybe use a PWM driver if there is a load.

im wondering how slow i can get these things to go. I havent realy thought about an rpm number in particular. Butif i had to venture a guess I'd say 500 rpm? If possible of course. I dont have much experience with potentiomiters so I dont know what the limits are.

I used standard 100ohm pots for my project, but it really depends on the motors. Some of them worked great with 100ohms as they were fairly slow at some point, but others didn't go that slow, so I had to use a higher value pot. I'd say get a couple of 100ohms and another close to 200ohms, although values are not really critical. Also, I used 1/4 watt pots, no real need to use higher values (more expensive).
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.