Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my galvos up and running

Default Got my galvos up and running

As my new avatar reveals, I have my raytrack 35plus from JoJo up and running and very excited about it
    In combination with Easylase and Mamba 2004 and a 100mW red I've been producing some magic this afternoon.
    The galvo's are actually DT40pro's as JoJo explained here with their own driver. Great stuff!

Now all is working, I have a few burning question!
    First of all, how do I check that I'm getting the best performance out of this new and costly set? I've been scanning the ilda test pattern at approximately 8 degrees at 30K but I feel (very strongly) that this set should be capable of more than that.....

Also Mamba is a great prog for making shows with exsisting frames but I'm actually more interested in designing my own frames. What kind of programs are available for more advanced frame editing. Is there a vector editing program that works like Adobe Illustrator (or Inkscape opensource counterpart)? Or is there another way like exporting progs or bitmap tracing? Needless to say I'm on a budget again after my first aquisition and blue and green that are still on the shopping list 8)
    I've spotted this prog in yadda's gallery that looks very much the way I would like it, what is it? ("photon dream" on google did not yield any usable results)

thanks,
    Matthijs

Does Mamba 2004 not let you load a bitmap (or any image) as a background and let you trace it?
    Mamba Black does.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    Does Mamba 2004 not let you load a bitmap (or any image) as a background and let you trace it?
    Mamba Black does.

Jim
    It does let you trace it manually. And once you've done that it allows you to edit the points of the traced line but not in a very nice way. The line it made up of points that are connected by straight line segments which makes editing curves a very laborous task and limits the precision and creativity of the frames edited. Looking at he above picture you can see that the editing points on the line have handles controlling the curvature like illustrator-type of programs do. Less points are needed for edting and it produces very nice results and is IMHO a must for animating sequential frames. Of course once the frames have been designed Mamba can be used to create the complete show .

Matthijs

Well there is this workaround...

There are loads of free vector-based font-editors and designers.
    Also tools to convert bitmap images into vector format into fonts, they work a lot better than any laser-tracer I've seen.

Mamba lets you use any font in any size, so with a little tweaking on the interp. distance, you can produce pretty neat artwork.

Really Bart? Can you name some? With some links?
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Pangolin's LA studio plugin has compatibility with vector based programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator..

The trace functions contained in Corel Trace are pretty good too!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default Re: Got my galvos up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof
    As my new avatar reveals, I have my raytrack 35plus from JoJo up and running and very excited about it
    In combination with Easylase and Mamba 2004 and a 100mW red I've been producing some magic this afternoon.
    The galvo's are actually DT40pro's as JoJo explained] with their own driver. Great stuff!
    If you would like to expend not much money change the software to LDS.
    Then your lasershow system REAL perfection,as a professional system. :?

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Thats true jian.
    LDS homepage: http://www.laserdesignstudio.de/

I got one LDS Basic for sale http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=960
    If you are interessted..

Quote Originally Posted by cruch
    I got one LDS Basic
    I got one LDS pro2007

Now wait for your easylaser for the proshows :P
    2 scanner together showing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by jian725
    Quote Originally Posted by cruch
    I got one LDS Basic
    I got one LDS pro2007

Now wait for your easylaser for the proshows :P
    2 scanner together showing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIAN
    Hi JIAN, long time...

I have both your scanners running now on one RGB laser and one green laser..
    They both work perfect togheter..

The only problem is that it`s take 2x more time to make a show with 2 set of galvos