Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSX activation on desktop/laptop?

Default LSX activation on desktop/laptop?

Hello all!

I was going to pm drlava, but it appears I may be under a post limit for such things, plus, I'm sure there are more than a few LSX users out there that could answer this without much trouble.

As the thread title suggests, I was about to install my newly purchased LSX software on my desktop when I noticed the bit about activation. Fearing that I might be tied to a single machine, and since my notebook will be used when live, I installed on that instead. My desktop system, as expected, has a much larger monitor and is just generally more comfortable to use for sitting down and designing shows. Ideally, I was hoping to use the desktop for longer design sessions and the laptop for shows, moving the dongle to the active system at the time.

Is this normal/possible with a single LSX license, or is a second required to accommodate the two systems? (never used at the same time - just for different scenarios)

I apologize in advance if my search-fu was not strong and this has already been answered and I appreciate any feedback you might have. Thanks!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

when i bought LSX, i bought it with a dongle so it wouldn't be bound to a specific machine. that may be a good solution for you.

Quote Originally Posted by iczerjones View Post
    Hello all!

I was going to pm drlava, but it appears I may be under a post limit for such things, plus, I'm sure there are more than a few LSX users out there that could answer this without much trouble.

As the thread title suggests, I was about to install my newly purchased LSX software on my desktop when I noticed the bit about activation. Fearing that I might be tied to a single machine, and since my notebook will be used when live, I installed on that instead. My desktop system, as expected, has a much larger monitor and is just generally more comfortable to use for sitting down and designing shows. Ideally, I was hoping to use the desktop for longer design sessions and the laptop for shows, moving the dongle to the active system at the time.

Is this normal/possible with a single LSX license, or is a second required to accommodate the two systems? (never used at the same time - just for different scenarios)

I apologize in advance if my search-fu was not strong and this has already been answered and I appreciate any feedback you might have. Thanks!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ok perfect! Thanks for the reply. I also purchased a dongle with that exact intent. Figured I would just move the dongle to the active machine when it was needed.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Yup that works, just make sure you place the activation.lic file in both folders. The same file should work on both computers.

Indeed. Working great on both systems and already losing plenty of sleep playing with this software.

yeah... it's a time sink.. but *pretty light*

Quote Originally Posted by iczerjones View Post
    Indeed. Working great on both systems and already losing plenty of sleep playing with this software.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I just got my copy of LSX with dongle in the mail this weekend. I emailed my computer license code to the email address provided in the software 3 days ago but have heard nothing back as of today. Is there a more up to date email that someone can PM me or am I jumping the gun a little and just need to be more patient waiting for my activation.lic file. How long is normal for this file to be sent to me?

The LSX shop may be closed for the holiday weekend.

See if you can find drlava in the photonlexicon irc chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I just got my copy of LSX with dongle in the mail this weekend. I emailed my computer license code to the email address provided in the software 3 days ago but have heard nothing back as of today. Is there a more up to date email that someone can PM me or am I jumping the gun a little and just need to be more patient waiting for my activation.lic file. How long is normal for this file to be sent to me?

Good point. Maybe I'll just wait till the end of the week and see what happens. Just really excited to start using the software.

hello, drlava was active at pl irc yesterday and today morning (for me it was morning, for you it's probably deep after midnight) so you might try luck idling there a bit