Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave question about adjusting 15k scanner???

ahhhhhhhh to much information here!!!

so not knowing anything??

what do i need to do here??????

If i purchase the DAC will it be able to full operate my scanners???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

It will operate them ok, but not to the maximum, however it is unlikely that you would push them to the limit.
    In one way it should make sure you dont overdrive them as you will only be able to use them at 80% of the full scale deflection.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    It will operate them ok, but not to the maximum, however it is unlikely that you would push them to the limit.
    In one way it should make sure you dont overdrive them as you will only be able to use them at 80% of the full scale deflection.

Jim
    hang on i dont get that.

your saying it would push them to their limit, but you also say i wont over drive them??? how does that work???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I say you can't operate them at the maximum.
    When I say it's unlikely that you would push them to their limit I meen in normal use with a regular dac it would be unlikely that you would WANT to push them to the limit.
    Clear as fog

Jim

I say you can't operate them at the maximum.
    When I say it's unlikely that you would push them to their limit I meen in normal use with a regular dac it would be unlikely that you would WANT to push them to the limit.
    Clear as fog

Jim
    clear as mud! LOL

ok so this DAC is worth buying then?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

It depends on how much it costs.
    Remember that it is a parallel port dac so it has timing issues.
    I will only use that type for beam shows that aren't running to music.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con
    How much is it Andy, I'm in the middle of building a couple of parallel port dacs but have been waiting for the DAC0832 chips for over a month now.

Jim
    same here, j-gee is having problems with them.

Well i dont know how many he has left and i think he may be doing me one slightly cheaper. Ill ask him and let him know your interested
    over a month?? good lord why so long? Maybe things are different in the UK, but I get mine from Jameco electronics within a couple days. I've gone through several iterations of making DAC0832 boards using the schematics found elsewhere in the forums here, along with parts from Jameco and having expressPCB make the boards. ExpressPCB has a 3 board minimum, but putting the costs together for 3 boards then dividing by 3 made each one come out to about $33.

I haven't yet verified my current version works properly, but if/when it does I'll be happy to make the parts information available here. Currently I'm using a modified version of the DAC0832+ttl+8 beamswitch diagram which I believe Dnst is maintaining. I added some resistors in front of the pots so you can't short stuff out, and pulled pin 1 from the DB25 out as an additional blanking line to make the unit backward compatible.

It depends on how much it costs.
    Remember that it is a parallel port dac so it has timing issues.
    I will only use that type for beam shows that aren't running to music.

Jim
    £50 which is cheap.

and i only wana beam shows without music
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson30
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con
    How much is it Andy, I'm in the middle of building a couple of parallel port dacs but have been waiting for the DAC0832 chips for over a month now.

Jim
    same here, j-gee is having problems with them.

Well i dont know how many he has left and i think he may be doing me one slightly cheaper. Ill ask him and let him know your interested
    over a month?? good lord why so long? Maybe things are different in the UK, but I get mine from Jameco electronics within a couple days. I've gone through several iterations of making DAC0832 boards using the schematics found elsewhere in the forums here, along with parts from Jameco and having expressPCB make the boards. ExpressPCB has a 3 board minimum, but putting the costs together for 3 boards then dividing by 3 made each one come out to about $33.

I haven't yet verified my current version works properly, but if/when it does I'll be happy to make the parts information available here. Currently I'm using a modified version of the DAC0832+ttl+8 beamswitch diagram which I believe Dnst is maintaining. I added some resistors in front of the pots so you can't short stuff out, and pulled pin 1 from the DB25 out as an additional blanking line to make the unit backward compatible.
    ok well let me know when you have one ready to sell, i may be interested depends how this one goes
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Heres a good way to find chips or any electronic parts if you have the #

http://www.findchips.com/