Thread: Audience Scanning

Default Audience Scanning

Wikipedia rocks.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Something tells me that this is not the best way of testing to see if audience scanning is safe.
    Quick test for aversion response. Note: The following tip is only for use when you believe your show is safe by using the above tips AND you are aware you could damage your eyes if your show is not safe. Use your computer or PCAOM controls to set the laser output to all green or all white. Run the show while standing at the closest audience access point. As the laser crosses your eyes, evaluate the brightness. If you have a desire to avert your eyes, you are probably approaching or exceeding the internationally agreed safety levels (MPE).
    Jim

Yeah I agree. Might as well say if anyone gets blinded you are not safe!
    Not exactly good science and I reckon if this was your test method and you ended up with a claim against you - irrespective of if it was a genuine claim - your insurance would laugh at you - as well they might.

Rob

Hi

Quite good reading ....

Most of this Wiki was put together by Patrick Murphy (ILDA Executive Director)
    a guy who is quite knowledgable.

As far as the test above goes .... It does state that "You must believe that your show is safe" and i also believe that it is taken from a proffesional point of view that you have done ALL of the correct MPE calculations .....

And it is a test for aversion response ...... but I would rather i blinded myself first than a member of the audience

All the best .... KARL

Karl we can tell from your avatar that you do that test :lol:

Jim