Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 67737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: post your eye melty abstracts here

Excellent DZ! Is the second scan created with the AudioLaZe?

Quote Originally Posted by dazebtwn View Post
    Excellent DZ! Is the second scan created with the AudioLaZe?
    hi dazebtwn! All the pics posted were with the AudioLaZe running color derived from an audio source. The 2nd pic shows the audio signal also be displayed on the Y axis being rotated with a Y offset.

to set this on a Z5, flip the external input from ilda to audio, set the pan slider to the middle position, set the X external image slider to the middle position. Add some Y rotation offset and enable a slow Z rotate. Play some audio, connect to the RCA port for audio in and you should get the same style effect, except for the color.

It’s thursday, so i’ll bite!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120586A2-1509-4045-AFC9-CA54ADC99BB6.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	55225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1EE323B-2EEF-453D-8C24-03977385CF1F.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	55226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39F559B9-8DF7-47B4-BDD1-E8DD149E8732.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	55227

A couple spiffy abstracts!
    XY=Z5
    RGB=Audiolaze
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  

1.jpg  

3.jpg  

4.jpg  

5.jpg  

7.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    XY=Z5
    RGB=Audiolaze
    "Spiffy", he says. Sir, you understate the magic you create! Beautiful work.

I couldn't capture the striking color but I wanted to get the blending so I had to stop down the camera. Not a very long exposure. Only 1/15th. There is so much detail because I was using two RGB heads.

These Beyond abstracts have a few live attributes mapped to my APC40 for tweaking in real-time. A few modulators are tweakable (still maintaining the harmonic) and R, G, B, and Blanking also are mapped to my APC40, both modulation and intensity. I'll try to get a video going showing the abstract being played "live"

Name:	DSC_0086.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	55645

Name:	DSC_0087.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	55646

Name:	DSC_0088.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	55647

Name:	DSC_0089.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	55648
    Last edited by absolom7691; 07-04-2019 at 04:22.

Beautiful stuff, DZ!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I want I want I want I want! I know it misses the point but would be nice to capture to ilda.

XY=Z5
    RGB=Audiolaze
    Very spiffy indeed! Do you find that the Audiolaze provides more robust/desireable color options than the color modulator? Also, are you going to make the Audiolase available...if so, any idea of the cost to purchase?

DZ, absolutely awe inspiring work. Is it possible you could leave your knob box to me in your will??? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    "Spiffy", he says. Sir, you understate the magic you create! Beautiful work.

I couldn't capture the striking color but I wanted to get the blending so I had to stop down the camera. Not a very long exposure. Only 1/15th. There is so much detail because I was using two RGB heads.
    Thank you for the compliment! I've been playing around with mirroring the output of one scan head to a second as well. It does some awesome stuff. See below!

Beautiful stuff, DZ!
    Thanks, David!

I want I want I want I want! I know it misses the point but would be nice to capture to ilda.
    Ha! It's close. If I can get time I hope to have the circuit board design done by SELEM. Capture the output to ILDA? Not a chance! Capture the output to a 24-bit 48KHz or 96KHz wave file, sure! Next chance I get I'll capture a wave file for you, do you have a sound card dac for playback?

Sorry but the ILDA file format is great for sharing frames and animations but is a complete joke for capturing the pure analog output of a console like this. In this aspect, wave is king.

Very spiffy indeed! Do you find that the Audiolaze provides more robust/desireable color options than the color modulator? Also, are you going to make the Audiolase available...if so, any idea of the cost to purchase?
    Hi dazebtwn! There are benefits to both the Z-5c and the AudioLaze. The Z-5c can make very colorful abstracts quite easily once you know your way around the modulator. For a live show setting with rapidly changing music the AudioLaze performs very well. It provides all the RGB modulation while I can focus on the XY part of the abstracts. Because the RGB modulation is based on the frequency of the music being played the colors are constantly changing. The development of the AudioLaze is complete, I am satisfied with its output and all the functions that I've put in the design. The only thing left is the circuit board design, which I hope to have complete before SELEM. I actually had a completed circuit board design but came up with a new function a few weeks ago that I incorporated into the prototype. This final addition I feel really rounds out the AudioLaze capabilities. It can now work with an external DAC, as the DAC displays frames, animations or beams the AudioLaze generates the RGB colors from the music and maintains the blanking and intensity of the host DAC.

Sometimes it's easier to upload a video showing it than it is to explain it! Here's a quick clip. In this video I only have the red color channel modified with the new circuit so you can see that the output of the AudioLaze maintains the host DAC blanking and intensity while the green and blue channels do not.

Not sure of a final price on it just yet, I should have that all put together soon though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUHGr95TXUw

DZ, absolutely awe inspiring work. Is it possible you could leave your knob box to me in your will??? 😉
    Got you in the will, Vger! Though you are about 48th in line!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg  

13.jpg