Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Söme Surpluss Schtüff...

Thumbs up

First, Thanks for helping to improve the 'signal-to-noise-ratio' of this thread.. Much obliged..

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    someone should pick up that 20watt unit…
    ..you mean, 32.5W, at-aperture... And, to satiate the invariable 'does it burn sh*?' mythbusting, we didn't bother with 'balloons / car-tires' or, 3"-thick rolls of 20mil PVC 'lectrical tape, no, we went straignt to *copper slugs*..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lincoln's Bad Head Day.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	46659 (.and that's with the 'older' M-Series, inside.. 9mm diodes should net better than 45W in a 10mm x 10mm beam.. It's truly a werk of Art (imho..

..And, that's a really key-asset (besides the all-one-piece milled from the base micro-adjusters - ZERO 'mechanical drift'..) is the 10x10 beam vs 'other Euro Competitive Models' 10 x 11, or worse, 10 x 12.. MUCH better for beam-blending w/ other-colors than a competitors 'rectangular-cluster', and MUCH easier to 'get on scanners', vs a 'nasty rectangular-beam'.. Plus, there is just no-more 'efficient cooling', than this things' integrated serpentine water-channeled baseplate.. 'Look Ma, No added heat load from a TEC!'

..Anhoo, ya, can't wait to get one in a 'Pro Co's hands' other than ours ('bias' and-all.. so we can get them 'shouting from the rooftops' / FB-pages about them.. You might see these performing 'out in the wild', later this summer, but.. It till be with a Client, not another 'Sho Co', so.. Not sure how much 'laser-community press' there will be about them.. We'll see..

..Payment plans negotiable..
    j

EDIT: Oh, snap - Were you talking about the *KTP* Sys? If-so, yes that, too, is a Badass Sys˜.. I thought you were ref'ing the 'BigBlü', thus, my comments.. Guess I really-am getting old..
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-24-2015 at 00:22.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Lightbulb Quik-Sale Lower on Unique..

Look Systems 'Unique' 2.0 Hazer Paid, shipped, etc..
    ---

Dat be it...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 06-23-2015 at 15:42. Reason: uppindatin

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You're really going to keep twisting my arm with that Unique aren't you? PM possibly forthcoming. Eye's thinkin'...

I can't help but wonder... if the Chi-jector were to have it's most valuable component/commodity removed that you could sell it elsewhere to pro's (i.e. 6215's) what the remaining carcass value/price wud bee. I've got plenty of other scanners that could be dropped in - as well as lasers.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    You're really going to keep twisting my arm ..
    Oh, no, no.. I am but a humble messenger / custodian of light (..and/or fog, yes.. good Sir... Mea culpa, negatory.. (at least not for that item..

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I can't help but wonder... ..
    Hmm, well.. If we sacked the CT's / Amps.. The 2-deck Case (which is rather heavy-duty, btw..) / Summing dichros / Mounts / All DMX I/O / Drive electronics for actuators / MM-Positioners / Tableware / FX-motors / wheels / PSUs, etc, etc.. It would still be a fairly 'plug-n-play' box... (save for the 'Certif' process, but I believe you've gone thru that, now, yes? If not, I can certainly help w/ info..) Oh, and the Pelican 1660, so..

..I suppose a PM-chat is most-logical..

Ttys..
    j

Hate to keep raising your hopes but, this is getting more interesting:

"What will Ship in the US: Projector / Housing / CT Galvos/Amps / All internal-Electronics / I/O cards, Dichros / Mounts / all Mirrors / Splitters, etc, and a nice custom-foamed Pelican 1660 Case for it all; The original Lasers that were OEM-installed with this PJ (1.5W 635nm Red, 1W 532 Green, and 500+ mW 473nm Blue) are not Available with this Unit, but the AUCTION WILL INCLUDE 3x OEM 'equivalent-power / performance / spec' Laser-sources - Shipped-separately - if you are in the US"

So... we're talking about a 3 watt RGB, 6 position beam table, including 2 wheel lumia/effects projector, with Cambridge 6215 scanners with a custom Pelican case, all for $2500. (With a little DIY module installation required.) That's actually pretty bangin' for someone.

A Pluto is 2 grand... and this has Cambridge Scanners and the effects/beam rail/motor aspect of it too... for only $500 more.

+1 Yeah, the thing has a 'lot of possibilities', especially for an astute DIYer.. Plenty of room on the laser-deck (which could be 'expanded', once the honkin' driver-PSs are out of the way..) for quite a bit-more powuh / more colors (all-diode RRGGBB could easily fit on that deck, these days..) And, having the fixed-beams is great for giggin w/ mirrors, etc.. Lots of flexibility..

..And, although, in the US, I'd have to 'ship laserless' (unmounted) bringing this into-compliance would not be that-bad.. Stanwax ILDA-board, Keysw, Emm. LED, Interlock on the 'access-panel', up top.. Cake-walk.. I've just not the time...

..and Yes, the 'Peli has value'.. Even used, those go for anywhere between $150 (beat to hell..) and $450 (used..) and the great thing about Peli's is the Lifetime Warranty.. Don't like the scratches on the handle? Call Peli up / get another one at your door inside of a week, all on them.. So, it's a 'pretty nice sprinkle on the sundae'...

j

There seems to be a delay in arrival. I'm sure it's just a post office snafu or something. Might there be a tracking number you could PM to me?

Lightbulb fwiw..

PS - slick / lazergrazy / BB / kecked, yer stuff has all shipped / will leave, tonite (provided that freaking FedEx *picked it up*.. don't see 'scan's, just-yet.. Sire BB, yer chotchkie left via USPS (should land for ya this Wed, latest.. Wanted to be sure you were 'back' from Orangelandia, there.. and Rick (hitev) is ship-Date: TBD, due to a biz-trip of his... Will update w/ Tracking, when I gettem..

Thanks for the Extended Patience, Gents.. Been just.. No words for all the 'fragmentation', lately.. +_+
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-01-2016 at 07:56.

Arrived today. Thanks. And yes, you were correct, I don't have one of those chotchkies... I'm doing some experimenting with it already.