Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Söme Surpluss Schtüff...

Lightbulb Söme Surpluss Schtüff...

Hey Kats -

Just got done with a large 8-projector show, and to maximize visually filling the place, with the rather challenging layout (center-stage in an arena) used 8x mirror-balls / motors on a giant ring-truss to make 'laser-rain' (..yes, it was done @ safe-levels, etc.. which worked out quite well...

..Anyhoo, point is, these were bought / rigged for this one-specific show, and we'll not-likely 'repeat the same gag', next year, so... Herein, are some of the kit, fs:

- MB's, awgone... save for 1..
    - Motors, awgone...

..yay, now I can walk in my own door..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 04-30-2013 at 18:35. Reason: awgone...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

So... is that $160 for 4 balls and 4 motors, plus no shipping as they could be hand delivered? I have a vision.

(And already have a 24" ball/motor.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    So... I have a vision.
    Most reply-kind, you are, Sir... Yes, that would be the 'sum' for said-combo.. Someone already PM'd about 1x MB / Motor, but.. I'd be willing to part-out one more for ya, to get you to 4x.. I'd not want to see you branded a 'polyorchid fellow'..

ttys..
    j

Whoops. I was sure I posted a "PM sent."

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Humm... since you've parted out one, then rather than you sourcing 1 more to make 4, I'll take 2 balls and motors. I've got 3 tray ceilings and the 24" ball is in the middle tray directly over the center of the dance floor so, the 12" balls could be the "satellites", to use a projector reference. Plus there would be a lot less electrical work needed up in the ceiling.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...rather than you sourcing 1 more to make 4..
    No, no 'sourcing' needed - we bought *8* for the gig, and was thinking to sell 4, and keep 4, but.. I think we could 'live' with 3x - one for each Studio, and 1 for 'the road'.. we rarely use them for gigs, anyway, but.. this one show / layout was screaming for the 8x MBs... Anyhoo, lemme know - 2x is fine, too.. likely someone else will want one, and if not, prolly can find a place for a 13" box, somewhere..

cheers..
    j

I flaked on my offer to buy, so the fourth may be available, again.

That must have been a sight to see, with eight balls producing spots.

PM sent re CAT5e cables

a surplus sale, if that is jon's surplus; The warehouse must be about empty.
    leading in trailing technology

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pschlosser View Post
    I flaked on my offer to buy, so the fourth may be available, again. That must have been a sight to see, with eight balls...
    Yes, yes, and yes... Unfortunately, the iPhone-gamut is too-crappy to have gotten any 'decent pix', but I saw some raw-footage the client shot, and yes - the place was-filled with scanned-'beamlets'... was pretty-awesome... And, no worries about the 'retraction' - If there's *anyone* that understands how 'life shifts' and messes with yer plans, etc, it's this beleaguered-gringo... >_< Anyhoo..

..Sir Brad, lemme know if you still want 2, 3 or 4... I'll happily give you (only) free shipping, if you wish them, 'nearfield'.. since, yeah.. by all-rights, I prolly should be *giving* these all to you, but.. I have other, more meaningful (..and, *amazing*...)-plans for a 'free consolation-upgrade' for your place.. You're gonna *really* Like.

j