Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: you tube laser

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i agree. i've been talking to a number of pro laserists behind the scenes to try to get an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Consider the market. If you charge $370/minute, nobody is going to buy your show. Unless you have a contract and work for a company. Then that company pays you to create exclusive content for them. But if you create shows to sell on the market, it's not a problem if more than one person buys your show, so you can lower your price but make the same amount in the end.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

This is an interesting topic. Nuphotonix, I understand your position and I agree with you fully. You should charge whatever the market will support. If there is no market at a given fee you can either lower you price until there is interest, change the nature of your service to attract more attention or find other work. I am also aware of the enormous time and talent required to produce one of the seemingly "simple" Bugs Bunny hand drawn cartoon episodes. The price to do this today would be stunning. However, the problem that many of the semi pro and full amateurs face here is that we can easily obtain the projector (similar to the TV for the Bugs episode), but there is no proportionally easy route to the content. We push around squares and circles or we hire a world class pro to develop unique content at justifiably astronomical cost.

You know a great deal more than I about the techniques for producing the final program. What would expand the use of lasers and projectors would be other methods of building up the show. Are there ways of taking existing imagery, say a tree or a girl's face and reducing this down to laser display rather than always having to build the image up from simple lines. The result would be less personalized, sure and there would need to be work to integrate this content together, but I think this would invigorate the show development process.

Once again, know the arrows in your quiver.... I use Lasercam to develop content sections for graphical displays, Harley Davidson has a graphical display that I did, and configured it to a original FB1 card. but the content was lifted off of you tube. then using lasercam, adjust for interference and frame rate, and POOF!!!! Ilda animations without using a thing but the mouse clicky..... but it costs money. Ill tell you what however, I will put together a short animation using lasercam and post it here in this thread. I recommend the inscape. you can do alot of work with two frames. Then command functions to it like zoom, distort, pan, a whole host of movements with those commands. All on 2 frames. But you get the point.
    Amateur vs semi pros. vs pros. We just simply put, have more time behind the tools than most. That makes for a successful programmer that gives the client a sense of confidence that those contracts are awarded on. I do just fine thank you. Go to the wizard, or the apprentice? Thats ultimately the choice a Client makes.