Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Chinese Blue lasers have no IR filters!!

Thanks Jim
    Seems like the prices are going down a little on the 473's.
    Any idea of the quality of these Chinese blue lasers? I've read different things.
    Do you have one?
    Steve

I've had 2 of them.
    The first was a CNI that I got from Extremelasers on eBay.
    I gues it was above 50mW but I didn't have my lasercheck when I got it. It did come with the IR filter installed though.
    It was me that knackered it up though because I didn't have it plugged in properly and spiked it. It did seem excellent though.

I bought another one direct from CNI over the holidays, however this one didn't have an IR filter in it. I got in touch with CNI and they sent a filter out straight away free.
    With the filter installed the power is only 38mW though. I have contacted CNI about it and they have said they will either refund the price difference between a 30mW and a 50mW, or let me buy another 50mW but only pay the 30mW price, or I can return it for exchange or full refund.

All in all they seem ok.
    I also prefer the look of the CNI housing more than the Lasever one.

Jim

hmmm
    guess i'll have to break down and buy a Lasercheck...

I haven't had any Blues from CNI but all the greens I've had and thats about 40 or more have had IR filters. I have also removed the Ir filters and tested thier effeciency with an 808nm diode and found they pass a negligable amount of IR.
    Im sure the missing filter on Jims CNI blue was an oversight - they are a little inconsistent but have only ever had one laser from them that I would call poor, and obviously they have sent one out without question. I'm sur ethey will see you right over the power issue Jim

Rob