Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Chinese Blue lasers have no IR filters!!

Default Some Chinese Blue lasers have no IR filters!!

Here anybody, Some Chinese suppliers do not intall IR filters on their blue lasers, but price is low, so be careful. some green lasers have no IR filters either. We all should test and measure with professional laser meter after we buy.

Um... Thanks. We've been bitchin about that a lot lately. Seems a lot of "pointer" modules on eBay are going out the same way. Ignorant and/or cheap sellers so know or don't care what they are putting in the hands of even more ignorant buyers... :evil: Bastards... :x
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

With the CNI blue that I got, that didn't have an IR filter.
    I sent an email to Liu at CNI and she sent me one free in the post, it came yesterday so I'm putting it in tonight.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    With the CNI blue that I got, that didn't have an IR filter.
    I sent an email to Liu at CNI and she sent me one free in the post, it came yesterday so I'm putting it in tonight.

Jim
    We install IR filters on all blue and green lasers.
    David Wu
    Lasever Inc.

Maybe. :? the suppliers said they had, but we tested, it has no IR filter, just a feigned lens, as if it has filter lens, it is not real filter, we used a lasermeter which has no IR filter, the power was ordered, but we measured it with a professional lasermeter which has IR filter, the power was much lower, the Dr. told the laser has no IR filter, and he said, a good blue laser has a higher price than we heard in current market, especially chinese laser, it is true that low price=bad quality or inferior.
    So all users be careful.
    I will not buy again from Ebay and the sellers who declare their price low! they are just temping us by low pricing, but dammit bad produts! :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by litease
    Maybe. :? the suppliers said they had, but we tested, it has no IR filter, just a feigned lens, as if it has filter lens, it is not real filter, we used a lasermeter which has no IR filter, the power was ordered, but we measured it with a professional lasermeter which has IR filter, the power was much lower, the Dr. told the laser has no IR filter, and he said, a good blue laser has a higher price than we heard in current market, especially chinese laser, it is true that low price=bad quality or inferior.
    So all users be careful.
    I will not buy again from Ebay and the sellers who declare their price low! they are just temping us by low pricing, but dammit bad produts! :evil:
    The infrared radiation from our visible lasers is definitely less than 0.01% of the output.
    The Dr. was from last last century when the Hene priced $1000. You might be happy to pay high for whatever quality.

David

I've often wondered about the predominance of Chinese manufacturers.

Are there any major manufacturers of lasers outside China that come with a decent price?
    Chat at www.laserpointerforums.com and here
    Read the news at www.theage.com.au
    Shop at www.dragonlasers.com

Their predominance is just on cost. However 3 months ago, our business brothers found their trick, that is they did not install IR filters but selling at low price, some suppliers even adjusted the power to higher and sell at low price after they bought the lasers from others, these lasers burnt soon. After I knew this matter, I tested my lasers again, I found the truth too.
    I know Coherent and uniphase lasers are very very good, however their price is higher, their lasers are more suitable for science applications. I had ever bought some cheap lasers from China because of their very low prices, after I got the orders, the qulaity proved very bad, no IR filters, not stable. I felt I was dropt in their trap with low pricing.
    Chinese lasers are cheap, but they should keep quality good, so, I think if we just be after quality, we should buy from Coherent or some other companies alike, if we want to buy lasers at low prices but with good quality, it is better to look for those chinese lasers with higher price by comparision, after all their quality is guaranteed, but be careful to choose.
    Some friends ever recommended those lasers to me, they said the quality is quite reliable though price is a bit higher, the price is still lower than those companies such as Coherent. but I did not buy, because I had bought those bad things before their proposal.

Anybody got prices on 50mW 473nm blue modules CNI or Lasever? (I guess I'll have to supply my own IR filter)
    :?
    Marconi's not working on a blue, are they?
    Thanx

CNI are doing 50mW analogue for $660 and ttl for $600.

Jim