Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Single Mode RGB Diode Bundle

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

What configuration of the kit did you actually buy? Since you can buy just the diodes, diodes with housings, diodes with housings and lenses, diodes with housings, lenses, and drivers? What did you opt to get once you made the decision?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

this one:

RGB Diode Bundle In Copper Module W/Leads & Glass Lenses
    $165

drivers are flexmods, galvos are dt40w's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    What configuration of the kit did you actually buy? Since you can buy just the diodes, diodes with housings, diodes with housings and lenses, diodes with housings, lenses, and drivers? What did you opt to get once you made the decision?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I bought them with the acrylic lenses for better output and less splash. I found that I needed a G2 for the 520 so I didn't have to attenuate the others as much and also so I didn't have to over drive the 520. With this setup, I am running the 520 right around the spec sheet recommended max. I am running at 195mA. I am with Swami, these are great diodes; tight beams, terrific color palette, and plenty bright for a living room or small personal venue. PBS one of these kits and you would have a nice and small .5W+ system with superb beam quality.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    if you're on the fence about buying one of these kits for building a low power all single mode diode projector for show programming....

Awesome show Swami

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    ...Someone needs to offer these as a finished module. ...
    ..ya, but then you (really..) need-to get into CDRH-territory, even as an 'OEM-destined product', and that process / work to maintain the records / etc, is why those that could offer such a thing would be wanting to 'charge more'.. If you're 'DIY'ing', from raw components, and not 'introducing into commerce', then you avoid that whole hash.. Only reasonable for people (ie: like Chad was, awhile back..) to charge for that 'extra-effort' and it seemed like peeps, here, were not too keen on the pricing, as 'fair' as it was..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

if you're on the fence about buying one of these kits for building a low power all single mode diode projector for show programming....

OUTSTANDING! Tiny dots, each a single color... fabulous equipment, fabulous artistry. :-)

My den lamp switch is broken. I have to crawl under my desk to turn if off and on, and it's a fluorescent, so I don't do that often. I crawled under my desk and turned the lamp off to watch your show a second time. :-)

I'm going to have to order me a set of these and set them aside for when I have more free time for projector building. It's been a long time since I've had my other unit out, but the desire hasn't faded. :-)

exactly what I want to do with this.

Beautiful stuff.

this one:

RGB Diode Bundle In Copper Module W/Leads & Glass Lenses
    $165

drivers are flexmods, galvos are dt40w's.

My first post in ages!
    An RGB setup with acrylic lenses is on my way..looking forward to build an small RGB laser.

WOW, there has been alot of new members and I have alot of reading to do..
    The laserbug never disappeared completely from my life.

Thanks to DTR for diodes..

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

No problem. Enjoy.

For those who have assembled this bundle in to a projector, what is the combined beam diameter at the galvo mirrors? In other words, how large a mirror set do you need to support this single mode trio?