Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Mode RGB Diode Bundle

When I get a chance I will try to get you some exact numbers but speaking in the very general all the lens options do make a nice dot @ distance and I would estimate the G-2 gives a 15-20% bump in pass over the acrylic and 20-25% over the three element glass lenses with the 635nm. 20-25% bump in pass over the acrylic and 25-30% over the three element glass with the 450nm and 520nm.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

are the spot sizes/shapes the same? for my application, raw power is less critical than small and symmetrical beams.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    When I get a chance I will try to get you some exact numbers but speaking in the very general all the lens options do make a nice dot @ distance and I would estimate the G-2 gives a 15-20% bump in pass over the acrylic and 20-25% over the three element glass lenses with the 635nm. 20-25% bump in pass over the acrylic and 25-30% over the three element glass with the 450nm and 520nm.
    Last edited by swamidog; 09-26-2013 at 08:39.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

From experience with my own kit, yes. They are almost identical once you dial in the collimation. I love this kit. Violets are violet, not blue with violet core. Same with yellows. They are not green with a yellow core
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Yep everything I have seen and heard in feedback is they match up incredibly well. I assume you have seen this build as you replied in the thread.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...481#post261481

Made a pretty sweet little unit.

yes indeed.

btw, i ordered a box of projector parts from you and you shipped it *hours* after the order. that's pretty insanely awesome turn around time.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Yep everything I have seen and heard in feedback is they match up incredibly well. I assume you have seen this build as you replied in the thread.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...481#post261481

Made a pretty sweet little unit.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    yes indeed.

btw, i ordered a box of projector parts from you and you shipped it *hours* after the order. that's pretty insanely awesome turn around time.
    Yes, I think DTR is indeed the fastest shipper in the world. Instead of same-day-shipping I think he does same-hour-shipping

dz ships things *before* i order them, but DTR is running a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yes, I think DTR is indeed the fastest shipper in the world. Instead of same-day-shipping I think he does same-hour-shipping

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    dz ships things *before* i order them, but DTR is running a close second.
    Lol does he read your mind or have a predictive AI machine that determines your needs before you know them? hehe ..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Lol does he read your mind or have a predictive AI machine that determines your needs before you know them? hehe ..
    he's a third stage guild navigator and he folds space.

I have found that the projector dichros don't like 520 too much. At least, not at 45°. I haven't tried it at different angles though.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.