Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Mode RGB Diode Bundle

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I have found that the projector dichros don't like 520 too much. At least, not at 45°. I haven't tried it at different angles though.
    Are you talking the old c@sio projectors? Good to know.

I still need to grab a set of these for my projector build.

Yes, those are the ones. The green dichros work great with 532 at 45° but I am noticing some severe bleed through with the 520nm diodes. I don't have a LPM so, I am just eyeballing it but it looks to bleed quite a bit. With higher power, it isn't a big deal but these 520s need every mW!

Have you done any tests with these, Jordan?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

might be worth calling onestop and asking them for a high efficiency cyan dichro. argon green is pretty close to those 520nm diodes.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Yes, those are the ones. The green dichros work great with 532 at 45° but I am noticing some severe bleed through with the 520nm diodes. I don't have a PLM so, I am just eyeballing it but it looks to bleed quite a bit. With higher power, it isn't a big deal but these 520s need every mW!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have a couple sample dicros from Bridge here I need to test. If they are good I may add an option to the bundle to come with a pair.

I've tried one stops stuff same result. There is no dichro out there stock that works period. I've been asking someone to do a custom run as that will eventually be a standard run and 532 will go away. Nope no one does it. You can combine red and lie and use a pbs cube to add the green. This is how I ended up doing it.

How efficient do you find PBSing vs current dichros? I have a PBS sitting here and I have been trying to decide. BTW, I am still interested in the potential GB for 520 dichros if it is still being considered.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

If the results of bridge's tests on these dicros are consistent looks like I will be getting a bulk of these to offer with this kit or individually.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...032#post271032

Yea like dtr said. Dumping the cube and going dichro. These look excellent. Someone needs to offer these as a finished module. Then all we need to do is add power supplies, scanners and an ilda cable. Would make it nearly plug and play with 1/2w. I think 500-1k seems reasonable for this in a case. This would add a whole lot of people to the list of members.

Chad inquired about that iirc. Not much interest then.
    leading in trailing technology

Next on my to do list is to build exactly this. I have an idea that should eliminate the x/y mounts making the whole unit very small and extremely stable. And best of all really cheap. Hopefully will start on it the week after next.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Yea like dtr said. Dumping the cube and going dichro. These look excellent. Someone needs to offer these as a finished module. Then all we need to do is add power supplies, scanners and an ilda cable. Would make it nearly plug and play with 1/2w. I think 500-1k seems reasonable for this in a case. This would add a whole lot of people to the list of members.