Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Mode RGB Diode Bundle

I am still using xy mounts for the dichros but I have my first of three built. It works great and the pencil thin beams make the images sizzle even though it is less that .5W.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Next on my to do list is to build exactly this. I have an idea that should eliminate the x/y mounts making the whole unit very small and extremely stable. And best of all really cheap. Hopefully will start on it the week after next.
    You have more info???

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I am still using xy mounts for the dichros but I have my first of three built. It works great and the pencil thin beams make the images sizzle even though it is less that .5W.
    Thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

IMHO .5w would be perfect for our small room (13 x15) with light control.

The only thing that can be limiting in this setup is the green. To reach the max potential for this setup, the green will need to be driven at max or above, the best dichro setup which looks like we might have that solved for now, and the green must have a G-2 lens. I am using acrylic lenses right now but I have had to attenuate my red and blue to match. My dichros need updating too which could be the main cuplrit. I need to change the lens on my green from acrylic to a G-2. That will only give me a boost of 10~20mW (depending on current) but like I had said previously, it needs every mW.

First light only... things are still very much in flux:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	4.99 MB 
ID:	40207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	40208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	40209

Nice. Looks like you're using the 12mm copper diode modules? What are those mounts for them that you have there? Looks good.

I like these for the idea of a single mode beam spec.

I was thinking of attempting this with some DT-40W scanners

It was also suggested to use a bounce on the last two diodes for easier alignment and using MM-1s for mounts

Also Z-bolt mounts for heat and for when higher power single mode diodes (that aren't $$$$) come out I can swap diodes without starting over.

??? Does this make sense ???

I want to keep it VERY small.

Has this been done with these? Or something similar? I saw the vid but not a lot of info on what else was in it.
    Last edited by icecruncher; 09-28-2013 at 16:32. Reason: Asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    What are those mounts for them that you have there? Looks good.
    Thanks. The mounts are the ones that Pat (Laserman532) sells. From what I have heard, he is not making any more but he still has some in stock. http://www.microlaserlabs.com/produc...-table-mounts/
    Last edited by absolom7691; 09-28-2013 at 14:21. Reason: better link

Quote Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
    You have more info???

Its in my head right now. I am certain it will work because I have used similar techniques on my other modules. I am fairly certain the complete RGB module can be 1" X 1" X .75"

abs I should learn from the pictures you show. I always try to use a fully drilled optical breadboard for my base plate. Adds expense that is not needed.

log you could machine a scan block with that stuck into it for a totally integrated head. would be like 4"x4" with the drivers included for the diodes.
    Now if they can shrink the scanner drivers and power supplies we are in business. They are the limiting size factor.

take two of those and pbs and you have a lot of really good balanced whitelight. Maybe even a watt. With the new 120mw greens that is a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Thanks. The mounts are the ones that Pat (Laserman532) sells. From what I have heard, he is not making any more but he still has some in stock. http://www.microlaserlabs.com/produc...-table-mounts/
    Thanks Absolom. Those look awesome.