Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purchase of a RGB Laser :)

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

They're also good for graphics and abstracts, if you don't run them stupid wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm just chiming in to give you a thumbs up on Goldenstar as well as DT40wides. Stupid wide scan angles for beam shows.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes... what Swami said. They're very nice for graphics work as well.

As far as a "how to guide", the forum itself is your best resource. Although, seeing things live is always a bigger help that seeing them in pictures. Since you've already got lasers, just studying them inside should be a big help. There is also a good wiring guide from Pangolin that should be a big help as well.
    http://www.pangolin.com/resguide12.htm

Thank you so much for the link....will keep searching for info on the forum. Dont hesitate to send anything you find

I throw myself into this thread..
    And ask: What is the difference from 445 laser diode , or a 450nm blue ? (who is best for graphic, and who is best for brightness) 445 is for sure cheap.

Basically, my understanding is they are one and the same. Derived from diodes often harvested from projectors although I'm sure some manufacturers buy the diodes in bulk to make modules. The quality of the beam really is dependent upon the optics you use to correct them. I have modules with no optics - just a lens - and the output is really a stripe rather than a dot. It's probably fine for beams. People frequently use two prisms (called anamorphic) to shine the beam through to concentrate that stripe into a dot which is going to improve it for graphics. Your other modules based on diodes such as the 635 and 638 reds are a similar situation with stripes versus dots although a different type of lens combination is used to improve the output.

Yes, 445/450 is cheap and has caused the crying of a lot of people who spent a lot of money on expensive blues shortly before their discovery. 473nm DPSS used to be the blue of choice but was crazy expensive. Imagine spending $2000 for 200mW of blue and several weeks later being able to get a watt for $100!

Imagine spending $2000 for 200mW of blue and several weeks later being able to get a watt for $100!
    you mean like buying a new car, and the moment you take it out from the shop, it drops 20% of value :P

I wish I could buy a RGB laser without the blue, as I already have plenty of 445 with optics and dr.lava drivers ready to output 1600mW .

Is there any reviews on the Viasho RGB lasers (3W) ??

I have bought many lasers from Viasho , and are VERY pleased with the support and quality of lasers.
    But then I also see Omar have RGB, same size and specs.

nobody have any branded galvos, so how do we know they perform as promised ?

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    you mean like buying a new car, and the moment you take it out from the shop, it drops 20% of value :P
    Yeah, or my very first 286 computer that I bought for $1200 and then saw in Staples 4 months later for $800.

I have bought many lasers from Viasho , and are VERY pleased with the support and quality of lasers.
    You're one of the lucky ones.

[
    But then I also see Omar have RGB, same size and specs.

nobody have any branded galvos, so how do we know they perform as promised ?
    Your guess is as good as mine. I saw you were looking at getting two from Omar. (I'm thinking about it as well.) Not US legal though which is holding me back but, they're supposed to be very nice projectors and a great price.

You could probably get Goldenstar to build you a decent RG projector leaving room for you to add your blue. I understand Winnie and company are pretty good to work with.

Yes I need 2 or maybe 3 full colour RGB lasers.

Omars seems like a good choice, but then again Viasho also have RGBs (1W red) .
    Dont know about the galvos from each one..

I have bought many lasers from Wang @ Viasho (and Nono) with VERY good custom support, also when one laser was under powered I got a new one right up.

Imagine spending $2000 for 200mW of blue and several weeks later being able to get a watt for $100!
    This happened to me, I bought a Kvant 500mw 445 for £2950 and within a couple of months, 1 watt diodes were fetching less than £50... Now I have the Kvant on eBay starting price £150... Devastating, but that's the technology goes...

Mark