Thread: any use Peltiers?

Default any use Peltiers?

as title does anyone use a Peltier in their scanner???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yes I do. I have a 120 Watter employed now. I have some pix somewhere in my album here. It is doing better than expected now that the PID controller has calibrated itself to a regime of ambient temps. Got less than $100 in all the parts new. I set the temp on it to target 26 Deg C. All is mounted on 1/2" T-6061 aluminum plate ano'd black. All the lasers and optical trains are on this also. No fidgeting with adjustments all the time. If you chose to build one let me know ...I have a good source on SSR's....solid state relays.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Mecheng3;

I *really* want to see your projector now! It sounds like you've got as much time invested in the cooling electronics as you do with the optical layout! Very cool! (No pun intended...)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3
    Yes I do. I have a 120 Watter employed now. I have some pix somewhere in my album here. It is doing better than expected now that the PID controller has calibrated itself to a regime of ambient temps. Got less than $100 in all the parts new. I set the temp on it to target 26 Deg C. All is mounted on 1/2" T-6061 aluminum plate ano'd black. All the lasers and optical trains are on this also. No fidgeting with adjustments all the time. If you chose to build one let me know ...I have a good source on SSR's....solid state relays.
    i just brough a Peltier off ebay for £5 err 5vdc and 4amps.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat