Thread: Need help with pinouts for Cambridget 659 Rev B driver

Default Need help with pinouts for Cambridget 659 Rev B driver

Can anyone help me with the pinouts for these cambridge drivers? They are the 659 REV B cards from Cambridge. I have 10 of these with 6200 scanners and want to get some use out of them for a new diode project... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick.

I also have some 6200 in stock i will put on a stack of medialas microamps.
    But do you have x-y scanner mount to them. Or know where to get some mount for the 62xx series ? Cheaper that medialas mount...
    I also need mirrors for them. They do have mirrors but not for vis. laser.

/Poul

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Can anyone help me with the pinouts for these cambridge drivers?...
    659's? Eek, never heard of 'em.. Welp.. here's the pinouts / datasheets for the 6200s http://www.cambridgetechnology.com/i...=63&Itemid=123 - I'd bet that the amp-side pinouts are gonna follow the same-nomenclature as the 'closest-looking' amp, to the 659.. Got pix?

Here's the link to the 'CT Motherlode' of info-docs, http://www.cambridgetechnology.com/i...man&Itemid=123 ...but... searches proved fruitless for the 659... Perhaps you might find something, somewhere...

..But, I'd bet - find the 'next-closest' amp, with the same amp-side connector, and, if you can find the pin-assigns for that one, I'd bet they will be identical... or at least a similar-connector can help you to 'logically-extrapolate' / test, etc..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks Jon,

I emailed the tech department at Cambridge and they gave me the specs... Now gotta wire them up and make some tiny RGB graphic projectors... looks like i'm gonna be hitting DTR up for some of those RGB diode packs... i think 500mW of all diode will make a mighty fine projector... or 5!!! Gotta use these 10 tiny scanners for something!

Well this is an ancient thread—but I just came across a set of 659-b amps and pair of 6210L galvos.

Still got those specs/manuals around? I'd love to see them.

Mine have card-edge connectors—I assume all of the 659Bs do? I am thinking of just building up a little carrier board—will be a really compact setup.

I'm thinking eventually I might need to upgrade to some real 671 amps—but I got this pair of amps and 6210's for a great deal.

Thanks,
    —Joey

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Call Cambridge, have the serial numbers ready, they can be remarkably co-operative if you explain clearly and ask nicely.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Excellent, will do. I did not expect to receive any support whatsoever on 2nd hand hardware, but am happy to hear this!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Rant mode for youngins/youngsters/shy folks reading this thread, as I see this all the time on PL.
    []
    -------------------------------------------------------------------RANTEX START========================================

Never assume a manufacturer will not support their hardware 2nd hand. That is a very common , if not the most common, mistake I see here on PL. If you get an applications engineer, most places will support you. Sales staff may or may not feel that way. In fact many sales folk are trained in college not to do it, and I think that is foolish.
    []
    Most companies that produce high dollar, low volume products would like your future business. After all, you already picked Cambridge or Coherent or whatever by reputation..
    []
    []
    Most of the time it comes down to a proper respectful attitude, and tone of the phone call. Some times you need to explain you will hold them harmless. With class four lasers, usually I need to explain my qualifications or speak about knowing how to do things safely to get data.
    []
    Serial number, module number, and the words "I'd love to get this board going for personal use" usually work.. Never let them hear anxiety, a rush in your voice, demand data, or be too eager, or talk too much... Just a calm professional voice and good questions. Hello, my name is... I picked up a used pair of CTxxxx with mirrors, and a set of matching amps and cables, I'd love to get them going as I've heard great things about your product..." , "My application is laser display." A DTMF "0" (zero) for operator usually gets you to a human before you get jammed into an answering machine. "May I please speak to an applications or support engineer?"
    []
    When I'm at work, and have the weight of a university or corporation behind me, data comes easy...
    []
    Sometimes Engineers love to give you something to learn on:
    []
    When I was a kid, I had a company give me a Gen I night vision tube for my science fair project. Considering those tubes were >1000$ at the time, I was very impressed. In fact it came in a big box when I requested the data sheet by mail, with an explanation why I wanted the data. I did not ask for a tube, they decided to give me one. I was terrified an invoice would arrive later. Thank You ITT Engineering Sales , that partially led to a career choice. I doubt they do that now.. but in the 1970s to 1980s that happened a lot.
    []
    Whose products do I look for when I need a image intensifier? Care to guess? In reality it was probably a production over-run or a blem, but I could not find any problems with it. []
    []
    PS, call during business hours... For large corporations, Best time is in the morning, after they have 30 minutes to get settled at their desk. Morning progress meetings are normal in sales, and go for about an hour. Worse times to request are at lunch and the end of the business day...
    []
    Don't try to "social engineer" data, I can spot a fake corporate name in 120 seconds using Google. Although that used to work for databooks, back when all data about parts was in a yearly issued book.
    []

------------------------------------------------------ End rant exercise----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 12-13-2016 at 17:49.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...