Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldenstar Box-G Small

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    And wait there is something brad doesn't own.
    Ha! No. But... buffo came very, very, close to talking me into gettng one last December but I didn't have the available scratch to quite justify it at the time. A mild fit of "reason". It's been on the radar though. Actually I haven't gotten anything from Goldenstar yet but, I've pondered a lot of their stuff since getting my first pricelist in November 2011!

While not perfect, I still think it's a decent case. I'd consider myself serious about lasers, but not by any means rich, for sure it's a bit of a compromise but I'm more concerned with functionality than looks.

The fan holes are there, but no need to use them all. I am using just the 3 filtered intake fans on the top, and the rest are passive vents. Positive pressure is maintained, and so far so good as far as cooling, it seems to be keeping up.

Bottom shelf, not so important as the optical side, but using 2 filtered intakes (took a bit of work, but easy enough), 1 exhaust and 1 passive vent, keeps slight positive pressure.

I did have to sand the sharp edges, which of course would have been better if it were done prior to anodizing, but a black felt marker fixed it up pretty good, can't hardly tell.

The bolts sticking out I find are actually helpful in keeping it from getting scratched.

Worth noting, is the first one I purchased was practically perfect, not a scratch, the back panel came unassembled. The second case I ordered came with the back panel assembled, some extra holes cut for the lcd dmx board and covered with a sticker (which is kind of useless for my purposes and a few scratches to the finish) So perhaps specifically requesting an untouched case may be the key to getting a nice one.

To put it in perspective, I built the cases for my first two rgb's and it ended up costing me roughly the same just in aluminum and spray paint, and doesn't look nearly as aesthetically pleasing..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by m0f View Post
    ...but a black felt marker fixed it up pretty good...

: 'Testors' Paint markers, ie: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHE88&P=FR avail. at yer local hobby shop... Good qual. paint, applicable right where ya want (and not where ya don't..) and either in flat, or semi-gloss, will resist-scuffs / stay on longer than 'sharpie-kisses'.. Also, once dry, can dab (don't 'wipe' or you'll clean the paint off.. ) on a bit of 'top-coat', with a cotton-swab (just spray direct on tip / 1/2 soak it..) foreven mo' bettuh scuff-resistance...

Tip o the mornin' to ya.
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Lasersoldier next time i have 5.5 grand to spend on my xmas party i will be giving you a call.

Could anyone with this enclosure give me the height clearance in the top and bottom sections? Thanks

Bottom section clearance is around 155 mm, top section is around 125 mm. Then there is a little standoff board included you can mount stuff on if you want, it makes a surface about 28 mm from the main board. It comes mounted in the top section but you can move it to the bottom just as easily.

The aluminum is a little strange, you need to use very sharp drills and take it slow.

- Tim

John;

I'll have one of these cases with me at SELEM if you want to take a look at it. They're damned nice for the money. (I have two of them myself; the one I'm bringing to SELEM is for Jeff.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    John;

I'll have one of these cases with me at SELEM if you want to take a look at it. They're damned nice for the money. (I have two of them myself; the one I'm bringing to SELEM is for Jeff.)

Adam
    Do they only ship in a flight case? wondering if a group buy could knock down shipping at all.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

what if they shipped unassembled?

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Do they only ship in a flight case? wondering if a group buy could knock down shipping at all.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    what if they shipped unassembled?
    They usually ship empty boxes unassembled!

--- www.neodym.be ---