Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldenstar Box-G Small

In my experience (4 delivered to me so far), they normally ship fully assembled, and you can get it with a flight case included for under $500 shipped.

But yeah, if you had them ship a whole bunch of them unassembled in a large cardboard box, you could probably save a lot on shipping. But the flight cases are *really* nice...

Adam

Ok, strange, for me that was always unassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    But the flight cases are *really* nice...
    Adam
    About the flight case (in my experience too), I don't doubt of the build quality when they come out of the factory. But the problem is more about the travel from China to XXXXXXX. The flight cases come often dented, with "cracks".

Like this case : http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...highlight=omar
    (second pic of the first post)

--- www.neodym.be ---

I know that the cases from eightonlight.com have a reputation for being damaged in transit, but all 4 of the ones I received from Goldenstar arrived in pristine condition.

Who does Omar use for shipping? Mimi uses only DHL or FedEx, and I've never had a problem with either shipper.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

My two flightcases from eightonlight arrived in excellent condition and were shipped via DHL.

Just a thought... they're flightcases. They're doing what they are designed to do.... protect the projector. Yes, I like them pristine looking too but any well traveled flightcase is gonna get beat up looking. That's it's job.

Mine came fully assembled, the flight cases were $40 each, and well worth it.

Chris's one arrived unassembled only because i specified. Took me 25 minutes to put together. When i say unassembled everything on the back panel had been attached with the exception of the male Neutric Powercon, keys and bag/s of hex nuts etc which taped to the bottom panel. For anyone interested in an easy way to wire in the fans i've found this:
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Ph...PCB_22863.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phobya_PCB.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	39454
    with the groups of fans on each panel wired into their own molex on the PCB it makes disconnecting them really easy should the need arrise to remove a side/back panel

How much was shipping when flat packed?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    For anyone interested in an easy way to wire in the fans i've found this:
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Ph...PCB_22863.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phobya_PCB.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	39454
    with the groups of fans on each panel wired into their own molex on the PCB it makes disconnecting them really easy should the need arrise to remove a side/back panel
    Cheers, I like that fan PDU.
    BTW, are we related ;-)

Someone please help me understand Winni pricing on shipping not sure if something is getting lost in translation or what but how is it cheaper to ship in a flight case at heavier weight than without a flight case.
    Sniped from emails below

BOX-G small is USD195,shipping cost is USD195(USD11/KG ship to USA ,below21KG ).

If it is with flightcase shipping cost about USD168(above21KG ,it is USD6/KG),flightcase is USD65.
    Hope this information is helpful for u .
    leading in trailing technology

Yep, was confused myself but added an ILDA cable and the total was cheaper as it jumped into cheaper (above 21kg) price. Go with it and be happy!