Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Goldenstar Box-G Small

Agreed, I can't remember offhand how much, but the shipping cost was fairly steep as it was bekow the 21kg threshold

Quote Originally Posted by steviobee View Post
    Yep, was confused myself but added an ILDA cable and the total was cheaper as it jumped into cheaper (above 21kg) price. Go with it and be happy!
    Yeah how do you say please include a brick or rock with my shipment so that it will be $40 cheaper.,
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Yeah how do you say please include a brick or rock with my shipment so that it will be $40 cheaper.,
    Is this a 'volumetric weight' thing? it cost me 12 quid to send an empty box the other day, just some packing material in it ready for the return trip with a laser in it. So far the courier has managed to send it to oblivion. The rates and services of these people seem crazier with each passing year.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Is this a 'volumetric weight' thing? it cost me 12 quid to send an empty box the other day, just some packing material in it ready for the return trip with a laser in it. So far the courier has managed to send it to oblivion. The rates and services of these people seem crazier with each passing year.
    Pretty sure a flight case would be larger volumetric as well as weight.
    leading in trailing technology

Interesting. *juggles estimates against cost of flat-packs and a pop riveter..* I wonder if the volumetric weight thing was introduced at least partly to thwart clever bastards with little helium-filled bungees to pack things in.