Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How can I fix (do it yourself) this IPG fiber laser?

... here for comparison an older 5Watt-diode (the bigger on top) and a more modern 9Watt-type (three of them are combined in the 25Watt-diode) ... both without any focussing optics, simply glued the end of the fiber direct in front of the emitter:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IPG-5Watt-9Watt_kl.jpg  

Hi,

The laser ceramic ferrule which fits the laser fiber is unable to locate properly for my laser 10w IPG. We need any idea to find it? Because, we dont have
    equip to measure the fiber dia and the cladding dia of this fiber 10w.
    Regards
    Saravanakumar

Hi,
    I can solve this problem. But the problem is custom since i am living in a middle east country

Quote Originally Posted by phys View Post
    Hi,
    I can solve this problem. But the problem is custom since i am living in a middle east country
    Thanks a lot... Pls let me have email id to get me clarify some picture..

Regards

Hi

As we have found out another 10w collimator. but i need your help to find the position of lens which part either reflective part to face the laser beam coming in?

we need your email id to send the pdf file of my doubts to get it clarified

regards

Hi Victor,

I have an IPG laser YLP-20 watts which is having MO failure fault, this I got it from someone locally in India as that company was closing down. Can you help me how to overcome this master oscillator failure problem. Your expect support opinion will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Mahesh

Dear Mr Mahesh,

I saw your message,

How you found the problem is in the MO?

Any symptoms of fiber failure?

Is it possible to repair the MO unless we have a spare for that..

May i know where are you located in INDIA...

REGARDS
    Saravana kumar

Dear Mr. Saravana,

Thank you for the reply, I am located in Mumbai. The fault is diagnos by the chcking the Interface control signal alarm pins I.e. 16 & 21, both goes high after normal operation of 3 - 5 minutes.

The problem is in the Interface board correct or in the oscillator hardware.

How you can help me in this or to check TP on the board.

Regards,
    Mahesh

Quote Originally Posted by mctawards View Post
    Dear Mr Mahesh,

I saw your message,

How you found the problem is in the MO?

Any symptoms of fiber failure?

Is it possible to repair the MO unless we have a spare for that..

May i know where are you located in INDIA...

REGARDS
    Saravana kumar

Dear Mr. Saravana,

Thank you for the reply, for your information I am located in Mumbai. The fault is diagnosed via testing the laser at the interface 25-pin D-shaped connector. The signals at Pin # 16 & 21 goes high after few minutes of normal operation of the while actual lasing.

No symptoms of fiber failure as the laser is emitting the beam normally for few minutes.

How can you support in this case, can you give us few hints or TPs to check on the Interface board. It looks the heat dissipation issue as at lower power its operates more than at the high power. If the faults occurs then if we immediately initialize the system start then the laser starts as a normal & again after few minutes the MO failure alarm re-occurs.

Regards,
    Mahesh
    Last edited by mrj; 03-02-2014 at 22:06.

Dear Mr Mahesh,

Tks for the reply

We are located in coimbatore.

The same point of symptoms i was told by the tech support about the pins 16 and 21, if its abnormal the failure must be internal

otherwise it points to the optical head.
    As you are aware of this pin and its normal voltage, its ok. I dont know much about the other parts in ipg as i had an 20w ipg with optical head problem due to silver
    marking. During the discussion with tech support we are told the pins and its symptoms. So i would like to share to you.

With regards to the solving of this, i suggest you to buy any repaired ipg 20w thru auction from ebay or any local resellers to replace the mobo or other to check
    otherwise we need to send to ipg for repair

Regards