Thread: RGB Laser order from China

Default RGB Laser order from China

I am looking at buying a RGB laser from Goldenstarlaser this week and wondered if anyone in the UK was also ordering anything?

The unit (N-RGB3000 in case) is 19kg and the rate is QUOTE:"By DHL ship to UK ,above 21KG ,it is about USD6.5/kg ,below21KG ,it is about USD12/KG .For that N-RGB3W with DT40 in flightcase is about 19KG ,then shipping cost is USD228.By DHL is 3 or 4 days arrived and has door to door service ."

So basically if anyone wants anything and it makes up the 3kg difference, it makes it a lot cheaper, so am happy to offer free post for someone and will send it on when in the UK.

Seems a bit of a strange posting tariff but I'm no expert in importing from abroad..

I believe it is USD12/kg for the first 21kg, then it goes down for every kg over 21kg, so adding weight won't make the shipping cheaper.
    You could always ask them to freight it, probably take about 3 to 4 weeks but much cheaper. However, given how much cheaper it is buying from them, the shipping for a 3 to 4 day service never seems too bad, it's just part of the cost to import goods from the other side of the world, safely.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Ah, I see, it makes sense now!
    I might delete this thread to stop my stupidity lingering on.
    :-P

Default About DHL

I bought, last year, from Goldenstarlser (Miss Winnie). She delivered me by DHL. I can tell you this:

1) DHL shipping: only 4 days from China to Italy. Excellent service.
    2) DHL shipping fares: Uhmmmm.... they could be cheaper. Last year I bought a couple of complete modules (2 laser modules, 2 PSU and 2 driver cards). If you weight them on the scale, they are not more than 1.5 kg (one kilo and half). Nevertheless DHL has calculated 8 (eight) kilograms!!!!! This mean US$ 96.00 (ninenty-six)
    Why they (DHL) charged me about 6.5 kg of "nothing"????? Maybe I paid the air inside package....

Years ago UPS courier shipped me a package from China also. Same excellent quick deliver: 4 days only.
    Weight of package was about 6 kg. I paid about € 100 (about 130 US$ today currency). Much cheaper!!!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

With the shipping, you may also pay a 'cube weight' so if its particularly bulky but lightweight (flight cases) you may pay a higher rate.
    Whenever I've had a quote from Winni the weight quoted has always been in excess of the actual package so I can only assume Goldenstar are the ones who decide the weight given to DHL. Perhaps this makes up a proportion of their low prices.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

DHL can be crazy fast- not sure due to time zones But I think we once got a package from china in 60 hours,
    also we paid for an order (bank tran.)on the Sat, after GOOD FRIDAY (banks closed) 9 orders all sent to diff addys in CONUS= 8 arrived on the Monday after Easter-impressive shipping for sure.

BUT I don't worry about waiting a few days- what concerns me is inspections and problems with VAT, duty, brokers fees etc etc--out of more than 40 packages NONE were opened after DHL China inspected when they were brought to them for shipping, AND they sealed these boxes with their yellow 'dhl inspected' tape--So while fast IS good more important(IMHO) is the delivery unopened.

so save on cheaper shipping and you may be.. "penny wise but pound foolish"

also DHL so far is the only shipper that will tell me my tracking number over the phone BEFORE my seller has it__ I call the 800#- ask for tracking help-- package from China--- they ask my zip code and if any are coming from China to USA at that zip - they then ask for my name- I tried to do that with UPS and they told me it was impossible- oh yeah??

I can't say all this happens to packages going to UK or Oz ETC- OR that this is how all USA deliveries work but this is how DHL has worked for me..

Good luck guys- may the god of shipping smile upon you..

hak

You could always ask them to freight it, probably take about 3 to 4 weeks but much cheaper
    Hey Norty, Have you actually been able to get Goldenstar to ship via freight ? A couple of months ago I wanted to order 4 cases w/ road cases. Being in no hurry for them and due to the size and weight it really made sense to use a basic freight service, I also live in a port city. I tried to explain this but the slowest / cheapest shipping I could get quoted for was 5 day fedex which really didn't work out much different from the 3 day dhl.

I even offered to order more cases, whatever was needed to meet the minimum for a freight shipment, but didn't get anywhere with it. Perhaps it was the language barrier. I had intended to rebuild a couple of my first lasers into new cases and have a couple to spare for future builds but ended up holding off on the order as it just didn't make sense when factoring in the shipping costs. If freight is possibility it's still something I'm interested in doing, and definitely in no hurry to receive.

If you skip the unnecessary step of paying for the goods then the freight is a non issue.

It's perfectly acceptable behavior apparently.

When your slandered openly on a respected forum, you then threaten the unpaid supplier with legal action. It's only fair right?
    Last edited by dnar; 11-17-2013 at 08:05.
    This space for rent.