Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10w+ cyan outdoor laser advise

How much green? Up to two W, I would use a single 2W DPSS for approx $1,000. Above 2W, then one wave plate and a PBS (laser line for 532 works much better than broad band) for $50 + $100 and two 1.5 or 2.0 W DPSS lasers for approx $2,200. For more, go with the plate and cube and combine as the price begins to skyrocket /watt.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    How much green? Up to two W, I would use a single 2W DPSS for approx $1,000. Above 2W, then one wave plate and a PBS (laser line for 532 works much better than broad band) for $50 + $100 and two 1.5 or 2.0 W DPSS lasers for approx $2,200. For more, go with the plate and cube and combine as the price begins to skyrocket /watt.
    I've really been holding out for direct green diodes in power levels to match the 2-ish watt 9mm 445. I'm also looking at beam size/shape because there's no correcting optics on the diodes, just 3 knife-edged on 3 to make a neat little box. It fits on 5mm mirrors, but we've been considering switching to a "cross" pattern to better fit with non-diode greens.
    Neat!

Hi there, had to put this project to the side, I had two clubs request long term lease on 4w full colors so the funds had to go towards them, also the 8x module I got off bbe is setup for m140's, not long after buying it 9mm diodes came out, I can't help but think a quad of them would give similar results with less headaches.
    In the next couple of months the cash situation will be dramatically changed so I will be re-visiting this project
    Thanks for the info planters
    James

Have any of you guys heard the flying pictures story?

Quote Originally Posted by daction View Post
    No I haven't mate, but id really like to, do tell!

<stokes fire and pulls up a chair>

I may have some galvos that would do the trick here in the UK if you have not managed to source some yet Jammah?
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=galvos

Keith

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Which one ?

I know Barry and Jeff both Lurk the forum, so make sure it's a true story.. :P
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    <stokes fire and pulls up a chair>

I may have some galvos that would do the trick here in the UK if you have not managed to source some yet Jammah?
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=galvos

Keith
    Hi Keith, I haven't found any yet, I'd be interested to know what you want drop me a pm with a price

Yes well . I don't know the guys from flying pictures personally. However I spent a few years working in a club in Wellington. They where spoken of in a very high regard.
    I was told that they where the last people in the crowd when pink floyd finished there world tour in Auckland. When they where asked what they where up to by the crew
    they mentioned that they quite liked the lasers . From what I gather they ended up purchasing some of the gear.
    I believe that is when New Zealand got serious about lasers. I am unsure of the dates . I think it was a long time ago.
    In a land far far away (lol).

Hi
    Jeff is on PL from time to time.
    My understanding is he now lives in Australia.
    He still does some laser events here in NZ.
    I recently met Jeffs old partner at my work, he now works in lighting.
    He is also touring with the Pink Floyyd tribute show. ( they are good too)

His old big gas jobs reside here in Rotorua at one of my mates businesses.

Flying pictures were " the" guys for many years.
    It would be very hard if not nigh on impossible to earn a good living here in NZ we simply dont have the population. Add to that the advent of cheap and nasty lasers it gets even harder for the pros to earn a living. You wont get rich being a LDJ at a night club.

Cheers

Ray