Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10w+ cyan outdoor laser advise

Default 10w+ cyan outdoor laser advise

Hi all again Im asking for advise, Im really looking forward to being knowladgeable enough to give back to this forum..
    But not yet so here I go

It seems where I live outdoor gigs are more common than indoor as much as that annoys me!
    Im trying to build a decent laser that will look good outdoors for minimal cash, I know these things DONT go hand in hand but im determined, lol

I have a 8 x array I got off bbe I was hoping to combine that with a pair of pbs'd 1.5w greens to get a nice bright cyan,
    heres the problems, im worried about beam quality with the 445 module im only doing beam shows but I have read low quality reduces brightness, and because bbe's unit rotates one set of four I will need two sets of prisims (which I have) is this correct?
    I will also be getting new scanners for this unit annd ive read mirrors on dt's are lossy for 445 is that the case?
    im thinking it might be better to break up the module into to sets of 4 use waveplate, pbs and then one set of prisims after, would this be better?
    my logic for the pair of 1.5 greens is they are WAY cheaper than 2w units and the pair can be broken down to go into 2 decent indoor rgb projectors
    Looking at dtrs diodes and 532 cni's from goldenstar
    I already have bbe's module (less diodes) and a case and have around 4.5k usd to spend
    What do you all think?
    thanks in advance
    James

Optical correction will not work with stacking blue,s like this : llll You will end up after the prism like this : l l l l

Also for beamshows superthight beams is better because the lower the divergence the higher the visibility in a perfect world but not that nessesary. What you can do is stacking 2 pairs of 4 beams combined with a in a PBS. I have seen BBe his unit and since on pair of 4 is rotated you don,t need a waveplate.

Lenses should be O-likes or similar. That way you end up with a 5x5mm beam that fits your scannermirrors if you have 7x12mm ones of course. The greens can be combined with a PBS from Rob stanwax and a waveplate. That will give you 3 watt of green and about 8 watt of blue. Depending on how hard you drive the blue,s diodes that is.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Thanks Edison, I understand what you mean with the blues, thanks for that, do you know if you can get bigger mirrors on dt40 wides? The standard ones only take a 3mm beam I think, and I'm sure ive read bad things about dt's mirrors and high power 445's even to the point of melting unfortunately I don't think more expensive scanners will fit into my budget

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i managed to get a 10x 445 build down to slightly under 10mm. still way too big for dt's.

if you're just doing beams, think about maybe a set of old school gs120/124's with big mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by jammah View Post
    Thanks Edison, I understand what you mean with the blues, thanks for that, do you know if you can get bigger mirrors on dt40 wides? The standard ones only take a 3mm beam I think, and I'm sure ive read bad things about dt's mirrors and high power 445's even to the point of melting unfortunately I don't think more expensive scanners will fit into my budget
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Cheers swami ill start hunting!

Wow just found a picof some gs120's so very retro

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes. but they're great for beam shows, are cheap, and have big (dirty) mirrors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanner-01.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	38677

Quote Originally Posted by jammah View Post
    Wow just found a picof some gs120's so very retro
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Smile

Hey Jammah;

Since you are in New Zealand, I suggest you contact Ray Philpot (Pitts here on the forum). He is very experienced, and he's also one hell of a nice guy. I'm sure he can offer some good advice, and possibly point you in the right direction re: sourcing parts for your build. (Most of the shows Ray does are outdoor shows.)

Pretty sure Ray hails from the Rotorua area, which should be less than 4 hrs by car from you, if you decide to meet up in person...

Adam

Hey Adam ...
    I'll have to send you $10.00 for the kudos here.. Or a coffee maybe even a dinner if you come down here like I keep asking.

Hope this finds you well.
    Will catch up on email or phone sometime soon.
    Doing a rebuild of the RGB right now.

I Gotta get back to FLEM one of these years. I still have fond memories of all you guys and the welcome you gave me.

Bill B still looks after me very well.

I have already offered to Jammah that he is welcome to call in anytime or PM me if he wishes.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Any update on this? I'm also looking to add some green to a pair of 6-ish watt 445 projectors I just built with my team a while back. Curious as to what you came up with.
    Neat!