Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2013 LSO Course thread.

Default SELEM 2013 LSO Course thread.

This is a little important- as the course is over around 5 or 6 ish adoubt any/many will be staying at the HIE on Monday night. SO>>> we need to have your kit packed and move your stuff OUT of your room when you rise(I think it starts sat 8am) -The frt desk will show you were to put your stuff safely if you dont do this then you will be doing it while all the rest of us are eating lunch- comprende?

I need a spot on the floor of your room on SUNDAY night if you can do that for me- at best I could pay something but I may ask you to wait until later. Or you may want somethng in trade.

http://www.laserist.org/LSOcourse.htm

First off

-from what I have heard even tho we can use our notes-books-and laptops the test is not easy-
    If you have not ALREADY been studying you may not pass. I have found LSO info in a search.
    Also lots at PL- ILDA-and some at Pangolin I have gotten some notes from a few friends.

Buffo has posted a bunch of help too. So if anyone feel generous and has advice to offer please add that to this thread. Free do-over can be had but ony the test not the course and you will have to travel to where a course is being offered. If not an ILDA member you can join at aprorated cost and get the ILDA member discount-afaik it works out almost the same.

There is some Math and having a advance model in hand or loaded in your laptop
    is a must.

I bought a 100$ laser safety text at Amazon= there were many there and some wereWAY more $$-but Brad NOW tells me he got his for 30$ .. If you know Brad you might get him to send his copy to you but ttime is VERY short- the book is VERY large(>1000 pages) and alot is not easy stuff to absorb- we onaly nedd to read/know aroung 1/4 of whats there but that is STILL a lot of pages.

At end of every chapter there are review questions first few chapters the answers were easy or easy to find but in later chapters they were NOT. I want to post some of these questions to see if YOU know the answers- they are not in the book per se so we need the teachers addition I guess.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 08-28-2013 at 07:43.

How many people are ready to sign up for the LSO class on Monday, August 19th after SELEM?

Please reply here in this thread if you want to take the class. I know Len is already in, but we need 5 more people to lock in the course.

Once we have at least 6 confirmed people, I will get Patrick Murphy to set up the payment portal on the ILDA website.

Adam

Last we spoke Rick (my carpool host)he was going to take the LSO and one other member IIRC 532w/Envy was giving this some thought.

My $$ is very tight now and i cannot say for 100% that I will have it.

I still need to sell my Mike Dunn song module- Brad asked first and PB also may want it- As I have learned that the pricing on a 6 Min or less module varies upon the module wanted (newest creations may cost more) and also who is doing the buying, I cannot say what its value is.
    Repeat customers may get a better deal and that IMO is the way it should be. However since this is a 'take your pick' kinda deal whoever gets this from me WILL have the choice of any Mike sells. AFAIK his modules do NOT run with QS FB3.
    So I am offering this 'gift certificate' to the highest offer(within reason). it was a door prize at SELEM. So you know the quality of Mikes work and here is a chance to get something from him that you will own and use. I do, however, retain the right to refuse any offer. I have also toyed with the idea of doing a raffle for this at SELEM. I need cash to pay for my LSO course. PM me please if you have any Qs. I may hold the raffle on the laser forums.
    I can also offer for consideration a LK-PD 2.0 500mW(metered at ~650mW) RGB ttl real 20k PJ BRAND NIB- $515 if you can wait for it or best offer over $600 BIN ready to ship to you today(CONUS). These are the PJs with the 5 Special EFX wheel. both in and thru db25/PC-DMX-& another plus is the RED 638nm module.

PM for moar details.
    TY len

Shipping to CONUS is around 25$. The box is still sealed but I will do a preshipping test before sending, Save on shipping by waiting til SELEM for in hand delivery(but I will need to get paid asap)

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Humm...

Ok. Since I offered first, I guess I'll place the first "bid" first since we're going that route. PM incoming soon.

Is this for a custom show built to music chosen or something out of his existing library? perhaps I miss understood I thought it was for custom work up to 6mins.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    Last we spoke Rick (my carpool host)he was going to take the LSO and one other member IIRC 532w/Envy was giving this some thought.

My $$ is very tight now and i cannot say for 100% that I will have it.

I still need to sell my Mike Dunn song module- Brad asked first and PB also may want it- As I have learned that the pricing on a 6 Min or less module varies upon the module wanted (newest creations may cost more) and also who is doing the buying, I cannot say what its value is.
    Repeat customers may get a better deal and that IMO is the way it should be. However since this is a 'take your pick' kinda deal whoever gets this from me WILL have the choice of any Mike sells. AFAIK his modules do NOT run with QS FB3.
    So I am offering this 'gift certificate' to the highest offer(within reason). it was a door prize at SELEM. So you know the quality of Mikes work and here is a chance to get something from him that you will own and use. I do, however, retain the right to refuse any offer. I have also toyed with the idea of doing a raffle for this at SELEM. I need cash to pay for my LSO course. PM me please if you have any Qs. I may hold the raffle on the laser forums.
    I can also offer for consideration a LK-PD 2.0 500mW(metered at ~650mW) RGB ttl real 20k PJ BRAND NIB- $515 if you can wait for it or best offer over $600 BIN ready to ship to you today(CONUS). These are the PJs with the 5 Special EFX wheel. both in and thru db25/PC-DMX-& another plus is the RED 638nm module.

PM for moar details.
    TY len

Shipping to CONUS is around 25$. The box is still sealed but I will do a preshipping test before sending, Save on shipping by waiting til SELEM for in hand delivery(but I will need to get paid asap)
    leading in trailing technology

Thanks a lot Brad- if i were not strapped for funds ATM I would be happy to let you have it very cheap-you have been a great friend in the past and you for sure have more use of this than I.

IIRC just QS/Beyond is not enough to use Mike's modules.

@PB AFAIK the doorprize is for an existing module offered at Mike's webstore.
    Any more info than that I guess needs to come from Mike. I think he has new work not yet put in his store- I will get with him asap to see what all is there that is not at his site.

I have been told that SOME pay upwards of $500 for a six minute Mike Dunn show.
    But I am aware that that price may be way too high for forum members and existing customers of Mike's.

Thanks to all at PL.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I have been told that SOME pay upwards of $500 for a six minute Mike Dunn show.

Len
    This is the price list from 09' https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByAd...it?usp=sharing
    leading in trailing technology

Mike's web site:
    http://www.firstlight-laser.com/library.html

Unless there's been a change over the last couple of weeks, all Mike's shows are created for the LD2000 or ADAT.
    Per the gift certificate (I just recently cashed in mine from last SELEM), the choices are the stock individual song shows, less than 6 minutes in length, as listed on the web site.

A VERY nice door prize!!

I've purchased quite a few of his shows ~
    They're good, but $500 would be a bit much for a single-show certificate; that would get at least two of his stock shows if buying direct.

FWIW, I did a lot of shopping around when searching for shows in my library, and always came back to buying from Mike.
    I found that with few exceptions, his shows were generally much better than similar shows from other companies that charged almost twice as much.

Unsolicited plug now over...
    Last edited by Stuka; 06-13-2013 at 15:14.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Mike has replied with the OK for me to transfer this door prize .

Hi Len,
    I have no problem with you trading or selling the doorprize to raise funds. Just let me know who winds up with it. Answers to your questions: it can't be traded completely for a custom song (most likely), but I would be willing to apply it as a discount towards a custom song. How much of a discount all depends on the song and if it's something that would be useful to the catalog. It would really depend on the piece of music and module desired. In the case of a 40 to 50 minute show, I would accept it as a $300 discount toward the purchase. Hope that helps you out. Let me know if there are any more questions.
    Mike
    I need as much as possible - my car has broke down to the tune of 500$ in repairs the last 4 months 3 times- rack and pinion- transmission linkage-power steering pump ac compressor and more- too much invested atm to dump it.

so thats my deal-e-o ATM-

do I hear 250$??

Rick here. Yes I'm still in on the class. Hope we get some more.