Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any one had their paypal account terminated?

Default any one had their paypal account terminated?

I just found out that my paypal account has been terminated, for one reason or another . Just wanted to know whether anyone else has gone through that. If so, what did you do?

To clarify things. First, I got an email saying that I needed to send some documents so they could verify my address. That email did not contain any more information, not the fax number, nor what documents were needed, for that I had to sign in to my account, which I did from a different window, not following the link (just in case, you know). So I got in, and was told I needed to fax my ID card and proof of address, no fax number yet. For that there was a specific fax cover sheet that I had to fill, download and print on my machine. Up to this point it all seems rather legitimate.

So, I do fax what I was asked to and next thing I know I get an email saying my account, due to the high risk, was being terminated. So I ask, what risks?. I haven't really used it much, only bought a couple of things off ebay (nothing more than 50$, except for my green lasers, which was around 400$ at the time).

And, to make things more secure to me, I have my card blocked to foreign charges, so no one can charge my card with anything other than my local currency.

Ohh, and I don't know where, within paypal, to ask for help ops:
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Sounds as if you have been scammed to give your ID to non-ebay persons and they tried to max you out! I would let them know what has happened and your credit card people so you don't get hammered!!!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I dunno, he says he opened up paypal on his own from a different window and logged in legitimately and it still prompted him to do the same.

Paypal did something very similar to my account but in my case, they kept my money too. Even after I faxed em all the needed shit

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3
    Sounds as if you have been scammed to give your ID to non-ebay persons and they tried to max you out! I would let them know what has happened and your credit card people so you don't get hammered!!!

Default Re: any one had their paypal account terminated?

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser3000
    Ohh, and I don't know where, within paypal, to ask for help ops:
    Yup, tell me about it.... try asking 3 different paypal customer service reps, the same question, and ill bet you get 3 different answers.. Paypal really is a joke, its just there isnt really any other option atm...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I dunno, he says he opened up paypal on his own from a different window and logged in legitimately and it still prompted him to do the same.

Paypal did something very similar to my account but in my case, they kept my money too. Even after I faxed em all the needed shit
    Yes, I opened my account within paypal, and was then told I had to fax the stuff they were asking for. Thankfully, I didn't have any money in there, and my card is blocked for international transactions. If any one tried to scam me, they left empty handed. Unfurtunately, I no longer can send money or buy things off ebay. Not that I do that on a regular basis though, but it's handy to have that capability when the need arises :roll: .

Anyway, I sent someone on paypal an email. Let's see if I get an answer.
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Default Paypal Sucks !

Paypal try to knock the competition by trying to convince people not to use Western Union (formerly Bidpay) services and discourage the use of money orders which are both fine. Paypal claim they will cover your losses (up to $1KUSD) in case of problems with fraud.
    The reality is any transaction outside of the US o A is considered high risk for them as they claim they cannot verify your credit references (there be Dragons out there and all bets are off).
    A seller in thr USA can deny shipping goods on the basis that the bidder (outside the US ) is unverified and he doesn't want to take the risk.
    I once made a purchase using Paypal (from Canada) for over $1,200 USD and the seller refused to ship so i had to make a wire transfer. Meanwhile Paypal held onto my money for 60 days and had I not had enough cash flow would have had to pay significant interest rates on my credit card. So Paypal held onto my money and added insult to injury by not releasing it for 60 days. How many others have had similar stories here ?
    Ebay bought out Paypal several years ago so they control the convenience of PC Potatoes who choose their dis-service which can bite the buyer or seller equally when things go bad. It's better to get some exercise and want on down to your bank, post office or 7-Eleven and get a money order, mail it priority post and breath some fresh air than deal with Paypal.
    As both a seller and a buyer on Ebay who formerly used Paypal I can vouch for both sides of that coin. Being in Canada , I was getting low balled on the currency conversion and hit by 2 $US fees by Paypal to transfer funds into my bank account. I was getting the shitty end of the stick. In my opinion Paypal sucks. Want to learm more vist " www.paypalsucks.com " and get the scoop from insiders and see what the progress is on the Class action suit. Another thing about Ebay is all they care about is making $$$$. They are supposed to have a policy about bad sellers , buyers (3 strikes and your out) which is seldom enforced and sometimes at the whim of whatever customer service person has the inkling of playing bad cop. I have seen bad sellers get either not get kicked off or just resurface under another pseudoname to try and conceal their Identities.For example I noticed that some Ebay sellers auctions for lasers were cancelled by Ebay , I.E. Junktronics got hit a few time and others on this forum probably have similar stories.
    Have you noticed that Ebay place all the payments you submit to a SWISS account outside of the USA.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Angry Paypal Suxx!!! Biiigtimee!!

Well, this time it has happend to me! After 7 years using paypal without any problems. Few days ago they closed my account!
    NO REASON AT ALL!!
    And I got lot of money in there. Have emailed paypal, and got no respnse!
    WARNING: PLEASE DONT USE PAYPAL!!!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

yes,mine is also closed.I don't know why.
    So boring

Never keep any money in your paypal account
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    Well, this time it has happend to me! After 7 years using paypal without any problems. Few days ago they closed my account!
    NO REASON AT ALL!!
    And I got lot of money in there. Have emailed paypal, and got no respnse!
    WARNING: PLEASE DONT USE PAYPAL!!!
    Look for people in your country going in on class action lawsuits. That's your best way to find legal advice, ways to work round the problem, and if all else fails, a way to force them to pay out without having to cost you a lot.

And what Dave said.

Possession IS nine tenths of the law, it's your word against theirs in a court, if it comes to that, to decide who really owns it. While your money is in their hands, they OWN it whatever the law says. That's why they operate outside US and UK jurisdiction. It makes it easy for them to KEEP owning your money.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 07-12-2007 at 06:44.