Thread: Would like to find Technobeam flight cases, mid-atlantic USA

Default Would like to find Technobeam flight cases, mid-atlantic USA

Just a feeler. I own four technobeams and would love to have flight cases for them. They're going to get damaged moving them around without cases.

Mid-Atlantic region.

If anyone sees any ... holla' !

Missed a bid on a controller for $75. Even though I normally use DMX-512, I used to own Intellabeam 400s (they were old when I had them) and kind of miss the dedicated controller that I had for them. They're pretty much the same unit.

Yes, I'm lasers at heart but own a few moving lights and some Color Kinetics LED stuff :-)

Oh technobeams. I remember when those came out. Quite impressive.

I like the remote focus and rotating gobos. Mine don't seem to be that bright. My first HES fixtures were creeky old Intellabeam 400s (well after they were popular) and they of course produced more light. Might need to put new lamps in them, but I swear the Powerscan 150's from HES (MAD Lighting) put out a good amount compared to the TBeams.

I'm rebuilding a technobeam LCD controller (putting in a new display, making sure the buttons are all silky smooth) and look forward to running the Tbeam protocol for that crazy quick action that moving mirror fixtures can do that those rotating heads can't.

I also own some Roboscan 1220s. They put out some light! Not quite the same movement range due to the way the case is shaped, but 1200 watts is for real. Then you gotta get more powerful lasers to make sure the lasers are always brighter.

The tiny Roboscan 812s or whatever. They're dirt cheap, but have really expensive lamp. Was thinking I wonder if there is any possibility of doing LED or LED array conversion on them.

Childhood memories seeing HE Techno beam back in 99's
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    Childhood memories seeing HE Techno beam back in 99's
    Wish my childhood was in 99 lol
    leading in trailing technology

Gearsource.com - usually a place to find Technobeam cases, as well as working fixtures and controllers as well. Solaris Network may be a good place to look too.