Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheap 473nM

Tell us about this revamped psu ? Did you do the mods Spec ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

We should test the modulation function, if there is no modulation or modulation is bad, customers would not buy, because the application is too bad when we use these produts without good modulation. we should test with professional modulation device, and use oscillograph to see the waveform when doing modulation, waveform should still be standard but not distortion when doing right modulation frequency. this is very important for our application. And test if there is real IR filters.

Aijii: These power supplies are "newer/updated". I bitched for a long time about modulation depth/recovery issues and apparently they listened. The board is denser(component) wise than the ones I received a few months ago and a simple oscilloscope test confirms the circuit is a lot snappier with recovery, output when feeding a 0-5v square wave @ 30khz is marginally higher and there appears to be far less ringing in the circuit.

Granted, its a far-far cry from Marconi's amazing diode modulation system or any AOM but anything is better than the crap we have been fed in recent years.

But these mods which you speak of: I would love a copy. Seriously.

Litease: Yes you should. If you are catering to the laserist arena you best be sure 2 things meet their specifications: Rated output in the desired frequency, not useless IR and that the modulation circuit lives up to whatever claims are being made. To Laserists who make their living with these things: almost everything else is trivial. Think of it as Function over form.

There are a few ways to test that are trivial, a *real* signal generator and a fast oscilloscope with cursors/memory for one. But what I am interested in is controlling the thermal envelope in the optical cavity to make whatever modulation circuit used actually work.

*FAST* TEC control per crystal, better TEC's on diodes with proper feedback(optical and thermal). All of this is within the realm of technical ability, its just more expensive. Though I would venture a guess and say it is quite cheaper than the cost of the diode and crystals you are trying to control/protect.

Yes, this is a complex design, but I ask you this: Would you accept a car from a manufacturer that only turned left and had inflated gas economy ratings?

Food for thought.

When will fred let you know if he is having it?
    I would love to get my grubby hands on it.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    When will fred let you know if he is having it?
    I would love to get my grubby hands on it.

Jim
    Sorry I am buying it.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I will not accept the lasers which have no stable output, no good divergence, no standard modulation function.

Litease;

I am confused by your post. It sounds like you trying to say that the laser Spec is offering for sale has unstable output, poor divergence, and no modulation. Surely that was not your intent? (Because the laser he is selling is, in fact, quite stable, has good divergence, and supports analog blanking.)

Astroguy:

Lucky dog! I'm glad you'll have a blue laser in time for the meeting in Florida. That will be one more RGB projector for us to drool over!

Adam

What can I say Fred

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    What can I say Fred

Jim
    Sorry I really need it for this weekend.

Fred
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

No problem mate
    I'm just really disappointed with the 50mW that I got from CNI, itwas showing >180mW but it didn't have the IR filter on it.
    They sent me one and now it is showing 38mW
    They are refunding me some of the money though.

Jim