Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lasershow Gig Footage/Pictures

This picture below shows a beam clearly going near someones eye, given I realize the beam is scanned and moving fast and prolly didnt stay in his eye for but a milisecond. But, take that scanned beam and look into it yourself. Its not comforting. Given, I have scanned peoples faces in my living room so dont think I am taking the bulletin board police approach, because i am not. Buffo will tell you that I actually get upset when I see such post, But the images you posted to seem unsafe in my opinion. Granted this is my opinion and only that but please think about it and try the laser on yourself in the same conditions with fog, lights and all so the experience seems the same

dreambeamz.

Please read the first paragraph of what Adrian just wrote.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Dreambeams, it seems you only "glossed" over my post above. Please re-read it. I think it will address any concerns you have. I can assure you that any effects you see photographed were "tested" in some way shape or form with those projectors, and were passed as being comfortable to view under worse conditions (less smoke, darker, etc).

You cannot rely on a just photo to accurately represent how bright a laser is to the eye, and whether or not a certain show is safe or not. It annoys me when people just jump to conclusions without asking questions first.

Ie, anyone with half a clue could make a 5mw laser look like its 5 watts in a photo.

BTW- just in reference to the pic you re-posted above... yeah so the pic shows beams hitting people in the face. Thats the whole point of audience scanning isn't it ? If i'm going to audience scan, then i have to presume that I'm going to be scanning accross people's faces/eyes... the tone of your post almost sounds like you believe that any exposure to the eye is unsafe...

Just because you scanned an image across your face in your living room once and it felt "uncomfortable", doesn't mean that every laser in the world is the same as yours, and every set of circumstances when people audience scan around the world is the same... etc

Remember, audience scanning is "legal" over here right ? So if anyone around here would be expected to have at least _some_ experience with it... who would it be Why would we even bother risking hurting people when we are doing this professionally ?

As I said above in my other post, if any effect is too bright/uncomfortable for us, then it is too bright for everyone and we ditch it. I don't know if i can really stress that any clearer or say that in any other way to make you understand...
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Damn those colors look NICE!!! IT's amazing how much I want to be able to make orange now... :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Those pictures looks amazing... what club is that at?
    - instinct

They were taken at "Colonial Hotel" in Melbourne, Australia.

www.lasershowparts.com

Yeah. so i'll extend the scope of this thread to include footage of lasershows you WISH you had done yourself

Laser image are cool

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DSnsTZw80iU

www.lasershowparts.com

I've got a question for some of the folks that attended FLEM last month. During the late afternoon we had a lasershow playing on Dave's projector... I've got a video clip of it uploaded to Cruch's FTP server - ftp://ilda@80.89.36.105/Laser%20Show%20Video/ - it's the FLEM Beamshow15.wmv file...

Can anyone 1) identify the music that is playing, and 2) tell me where the laser show itself came from. (IE: is it one of the stock Pangolin shows, or something custom?)

The music is very cool, but I didn't recognise it. Likewise, the colors of the beams were superb... I'd love to watch that show again.

Adam

Adam

I'm guessing

a/ thats your 'commentary'

b/you were enjoying yourself!

made me smile lots - I think similar thoughts when I'm running my SP168 whitelight, I just don't tend to say them outloud to myself

I notice you were suffering with the blight of video cameras and lasers and thats the AF going nuts trying to work out what it can see. Some cams have a manual focus setting which helps a great deal for laser vids

now im gonna watch the rest of the clips

Rob

I've got a question for some of the folks that attended FLEM last month. During the late afternoon we had a lasershow playing on Dave's projector... I've got a video clip of it uploaded to Cruch's FTP server - ftp://ilda@80.89.36.105/Laser%20Show%20Video/ - it's the FLEM Beamshow15.wmv file...
    Buffo,

The music is called Again! by Peter Heyt. It is a stock show with pangolin and the music comes with it. The actual frame file used was a stock show called KLM. Since I didn't have the music to KLM, I just ran the show with the Again! soundtrack. By the way, thanks for the videos!

David