Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lasershow Gig Footage/Pictures

Hi Adrian / Dave

Are you doing any shows 20th to 24th of feb ..... as i will be flying to melbourne for 4 days

I would love to come and see some ..... if not maybe i could buy you guys a couple of beers :?:

all the best ...... Karl

Smile Re: FLEM video clips

Stanwax;

Yeah, you can certainly hear me expressing myself on the tape! Though on some of the clips you can hear others talking as well. Most of the time the camera was sitting on a tripod and the rest of us were just standing around talking about the show as it was playing. But some of the clips were taken with the camera in my hand.

There's one clip where Fred, his wife, and I are comparing the output of one projector to another. There's another one where you can hear Paul talking about his large multi-turret projector in the background. But rest assured, if you hear some crazy-sounding guy screaming "oh wow! cool! I want one!", then it's probably my voice you're hearing.

The auto focus was indeed screwing up most of the day. Unfortunately, this camera does that even when I'm not filming lasers. (Like I said, it's a piece of junk camera...) I finally got fed up and set it on manual focus, like you suggested, which is why some of the shots look just fine. I also had some issues with the low light levels, but overall the main problem was the focus.

Dave:

Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna order that CD off Amazon. I like the music!

As far as the video goes - eh... I wish it had turned out better. Next time I'm going to set the camera on manual focus from the begining and just leave it on the tripod. The real thanks should go to you for bringing your RGB projector! (Damn, that thing was cool...) Too bad that Fred's green laser blew up so early - I would have loved to see the same show being displayed on two RGB units at the same time. (We'll have to try that at SELEM this summer.)

Do you remember if we ever actually watched the stock show that was designed to work with the music from Peter Heyt? Or did we only watch the KLM one? (BTW, I think Spec has the music for that other show...)

Adam

-Do you remember if we ever actually watched the stock show that was designed to work with the music from Peter Heyt? Or did we only watch the KLM one? (BTW, I think Spec has the music for that other show...)

Yes, beamshow 14 is the stock show with the Again! soundtrack.

-As far as the video goes - eh... I wish it had turned out better. Next time I'm going to set the camera on manual focus from the begining and just leave it on the tripod. The real thanks should go to you for bringing your RGB projector! (Damn, that thing was cool...) Too bad that Fred's green laser blew up so early - I would have loved to see the same show being displayed on two RGB units at the same time. (We'll have to try that at SELEM this summer.)

I thought the video turned out fine! Hey, for those that think the video didn't turn out so great, well, maybe they should just show up next time! Thanks for the compliments on the projector. I also wish that Fred's green would have been up all day. I still can't believe how nice his blue laser was! I've already sent mine off for repair and hope to have it back soon. It will be nice to readjust my pallette with more blue to get more out of my red and green when balanced.

David

Cool

Hi Dave;

Yeah, the video is nothing compared to seeing it live in person! (I can't wait to do it again...)

I thought there was a difference between 14 and 15... At first I thought it was parts of the same show, but then clip 15 had those cool circular rainbow effects that I didn't see earlier. (You can hear me loose my cool on the tape when they are displayed... ) Thanks for clearing that up!

All in all thought, it sure was a great time.

Adam