Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New laser

Default New laser

New Lasever unit............
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

ahh, u sent it back in, good stuff

That's a purdy blue ya got there... Why'd you have to send it back?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

He mentions cooling issues in the gallery.

Jim

260mW

That is nice

price ?
    And what about stability ?

Thanks for the intrest....this unit is being checked out very well. All findings will be posted as the results are found. I am thinking maybe around 300 ish mW at 5 v. There are a few issues with needing more cooling...this seems to be a monster diode. Problems there are solve....just a issue at low power.......not mode hopping though. More to come as findings are more conclusive........
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

OK here is the lowdown so far....
    It has been very unstable at all levels of power so far at any length of warm up time. The beam at 4.57 volts applied to mod cables seems to flicker and finally find a stable point after some time. I have it on good authority that this laser has thermal equilibrium issues. Maybe the bismuth borate crystal is unstable until it gets to a specific temp??? I may have this one really checked out locally and have some testing done on the beam profile as well. Never the less it is making well over spec'd output at less than modulating full power. I see this one cracking 325 or better @ 5v !!!
    Testing has been limited untill the unit can be cooled properly and modulated. This will tell more about it. I just hope the power levels stay near where they are and maybe the profile will clean up once it has been properly cooled. Time will tell.....more to come soon...... a few new pix in gallery :? Wish this thing would make it's mind up and throw out stable photons for once.......

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow
    260mW

That is nice

price ?
    And what about stability ?
    This was the upgrade as sent to me from Lasever.......the 500 upgrade and surrendering the old unit. It also had issues as this one does...but the old laser had a poor a beam profile at low power...split very wide and TEMOO2. This unit seems a lot better , but concerned as to how it will perform in the scanner under modulation.

Hi Mike..This one looks promising
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

The beam profile is not TEM anything, it looks just like the optics is just misaligned. Maybe it jarred loose during shipping? I bet you see some combination of pbs/offset heads inside.