Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Default Pink Floyd laser show in Lakeland, Florida March 2 & 3.

Wow - how did I miss this thread earlier? Wish we would have talked about this at FLEM over the weekend. Clearly we've got quite a few Pink Floyd fans in the group!

Well, Friday March 2nd and Saturday March 3rd are the dates that the show will be in Lakeland, Florida. I'm up for another road-trip to Florida. (For a laser show, I'd be up for a road trip to just about anywhere!) And Fred should be happy - it's closer to his house for a change!

So what about the rest of you guys? Who wants to meet in Lakeland to see the show?

Adam

How about a SCLEM or NCLEM or even a VALEM?

Default RE: SCLEM, NCLEM, VALEM

Hey Steve-o!

We haven't decided on a location for SELEM yet, so Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, or really any other state in the area are all possible candidates.

For that matter, there's nothing that says we need to wait until the summer SELEM event to have another "laser geek meeting". We can do it anywhere, on any given weekend. FLEM started out because three members (Astroguy, Allthatwhichis, and Dzurcher) all lived in Florida and started wondering if they could get together some weekend.

It seems that the biggest problem is finding a place to hold the event. Once you get that nailed down, the rest is easy. So if there is enough interest in a meeting a bit further north than Orlando, Florida, I'm up for it. We just need to figure out where we're going to hold it. Ideas?

Adam

There's a member map around here somewhere...
    see if i can find the thread

Default Re: Frappr for PhotonLexicon...

Steve-o...

You're referring to this thread where spec set up a frappr account for all PhotonLexicon members. (Scroll down to near the bottom of the page.)

At last glance, there were 16 members set up...

Adam

Yeah Adam!
    Thats it! I searched all over :?
    Spec set that up.
    Maybe we can update it..put it on the index page.?
    Looks like a good concentration of us on the east coast 8)

http://www.frappr.com-photonlexicon

i cant get that link to work:/

Yeah, there are a good number of us on the east cost. (Thus the concept of SELEM; if you read in the begining of that thread, you can see how the idea started to take shape. Later, the discussion was moved to another thread.)

I agree that it might be a good idea to bring the frappr account thread back to a position of prominence on the board... Maybe make a separate thread explaining what frappr is and how to use it, and then make it a sticky?

Whatcha think, Spec?

Getting back on-topic, how many people here are interested in driving to Lakeland, Fl to see the Pink Floyd laser show on March 2nd or March 3rd? (Zoom out on the mapquest link and you'll see that Lakeland is a good hour south-west of Orlando on I-4.)

Adam

It's worth the drive... I was lucky that it was literally 5 minutes down the road from my house , but I would gladly drive an hour or more to see it... If I recall, the show lasts somewhere around 1.5 hours (with an intermission in the middle).

-Andy

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o

http://www.frappr.com-photonlexicon

i cant get that link to work:/
    try http://www.frappr.com/photonlexicon/

Jim

Yeah that works.