Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Default Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Fellow laserists,

I hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement , but I just have to say - I saw Paramount's Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular the other night (http://www.laserspectacular.com/), and it was frickin' awesome! If it's coming around near you, I'd recommend it... The beam effects were cool, but my favorites were the lumia wheel and abstracts... The 3D animations were also slick...

From what I can tell they had four projectors, one Argon and three white-light (all gas lasers, probably around 5W each). I'm pretty sure they were running Pangolin as well. The lead laserist is pretty cool too - unfortunately they were running late so we didn't have much time to chat after the show.

And as a tip - I'd recommend buying the $2.00 special glasses. They are just prism-like gratings, but they really make the laser projections "pop out" of the screen. (And as a bonus, you can pick up the glasses that people leave on the tables and floors to play with at home).

Anybody else seen it and want to comment?

No, but you should get a vido camera in there and film it for us!!! I'm a Floyd addict. :twisted:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Allthat, I checked their website - they're going to be in Lakeland, FL in March. Anywhere near you??

-Andy

Bout an hour and a half south of my house. I'll have to check it out. Hopefully by march my projecter will rival theirs... :roll: May have to see if they need any help. I've never been to a pro laser show. Was it all Floyd music?

Hi All,

Yes, this is all run by Pangolin. Pace/Paramount has been a Pangolin client for years. The 3D animations are all done using our Lasershow Converter MAX plug-in for 3D Studio MAX.

The laserist's name is Ryan Waters. He has been doing these laser spectaculars for years too...

Best regards,

William Benner

So... Lets go see it! You down Bill? :roll: Lakeland's just down that awful piece of tar we call I4.

Man. Everything's going on in the sunshine state! I should have never left. Anybody heard of Hobe Sound?

I saw a ZZTop concert with a pro laser show in the 80's in Memphis. I'll never forget it. They bounced the beam(s) off of a huge mirror ball into the audience. Every time that light hit my eye I said OW! (but I was sure that it was safe 'cause it was in the Coliseum... :? ) No damage tho.. (I dont guess)

Hi Allthat,

I spoke to Ryan. He said to just let him know how many tickets we want... I am not sure if I can make it because it is so close to ILDA. But maybe Haden can make it. I need to talk to him about it...

Anyway, why don't you call the office and we will see if we can chat. My hours are strange these days -- sometimes I am in at 2PM, other times, after 8PM...

Best regards,

William Benner

YAY! I called once but wanted to get my projector going before I bothered you again. It's almost up and I figured I'd see ya at FLEM. 8) If I don't call you before Saturday I'll see you at Paul's.

Some laser show company in Orlando did the laser shows at the planetarium in Chapel Hill, NC when I was going to school there. I saw a Nine Inch Nails show there. My girlfriend at the time worked in the planetarium and helped them out so I met them and had beers with them one night. Nice people. Were any of you involved with that?