Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all you show creators...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default To all you show creators...

Can I just say it???

I fully appreciate and respect what you do because, I have neither the time or the talent to create shows (yet). But... for the love of God, when you create one and write that little disclaimer to accompany it, PLEASE give some clue as to what the music is or how to find it. Even better would be the show or song length. If it's a remix... include WHO's remix. If it's a DJ, list his name! And... if you decided to play DJ yourself and create your own special mix for the show and you put it out there for people to download an enjoy.... how 'bout your name and a way to contact you to try and arrange getting your masterpiece.

All I'm sayin....

(Can you tell I've been spending several days beating my head against the wall trying to find correct versions of songs? Aarrgghhh!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Can I just say it???

I fully appreciate and respect what you do because, I have neither the time or the talent to create shows (yet). But... for the love of God, when you create one and write that little disclaimer to accompany it, PLEASE give some clue as to what the music is or how to find it. Even better would be the show or song length. If it's a remix... include WHO's remix. If it's a DJ, list his name! And... if you decided to play DJ yourself and create your own special mix for the show and you put it out there for people to download an enjoy.... how 'bout your name and a way to contact you to try and arrange getting your masterpiece.

All I'm sayin....

(Can you tell I've been spending several days beating my head against the wall trying to find correct versions of songs? Aarrgghhh!!!)
    I hear what you are saying. And it is even more frustrating than that; there are several shows that are free for Moncha users on the Showtacle site and even though they list the songs, it's impossible to find them. I would encourage people that make songs to buy the song from somewhere like Amazon or iTubes and use that version and then say where you got it so other people can get the song. Paying $1.00 for a song to go with a show is something that everyone can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    on the Showtacle site and even though they list the songs, it's impossible to find them.
    If you shoot Michal an e-mail at Showtacle, he'll be happy to help. He's always been very responsive when I've talked with him about certain tracks.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:28.

Yup. That's exactly the type of stuff I'm talking about. Currently, I'm tackling all the beam shows for Quickshow on Pangolins Show Space. LD2000 is all done, I'm also almost finished the Quckshow graphics shows. I've been doing Moncha shows, Fiesta Shows, Showeditor shows for weeks now. LONG frustrating process.

How on earth does one create a show... "Pirates of the Carribean" which is actually "I Don't Think Now Is The Best Time". And the instructions say, " (Audio to start at 5:06") Note: No audio was supplied to create the show preview files." WTF??

So... the song is maybe 10-11 minutes long. The show itself doesn't start until about the 5 minute mark on the timeline and then, the music continues to run a little longer than the show. So.... if I were to edit the song file and eliminate the first 5 minutes and 5 seconds of the song. Then load the show. The music will pretty much have played all the way through with the show actually starting in the final bars of the song. Now... to his credit, the author did leave some contact info.

On anther one, it's just "Lady Gaga Born This Way Remix." Uh... in case nobody cared to notice, every DJ and their mother has created a remix of Born This Way. I suppose I could rip it off the Pangolins Show Space with a digital recorder but, again... it shouldn't be this damn hard.

Thumbs up

On anther one, it's just "Lady Gaga Born This Way Remix." Uh... in case nobody cared to notice, every DJ and their mother has created a remix of Born This Way. I suppose I could rip it off the Pangolins Show Space with a digital recorder but, again... it shouldn't be this damn hard.
    If this is the 4:23 second show that Lasershowparty made, then it uses the standard 4:20 version of the song that is available on-line from Amazon or I-tunes.

I haven't seen the entire video (can't remember my Pangolin Showspace password and the website is not e-mailing me my reminder for some reason), but based on the 15-second preview I found, plus Lasershowparty's own video which he posted you Youtube, it's pretty clear that it's not a re-mix he used, but rather the original version. (In fact, back in 2011 when he first posted about the show here on PL, he said he used the regular version.)

Now, if you're looking at a different show than the one Lasershowparty made, then please send me a link to the preview and I'll try to identify the specific version of the song from that. I have several different popular remixes of that particular song (was seriously considering it for a beam show at one point), so I may be able to figure out which one they used.

Adam

There are actually two versions of Born This Way on the show space. One is simply Born The Way which is likely the one you're referring to and then there is also Lady Gaga - Born This Way Remix. Actually shawnb on here uploaded it August 5, 2011.

http://www.pangolinshows.com/preview_391.html

OK - I recognize that version. It's the Zedd remix.

Not really my favorite version, but it does have a hell of a baseline. (Sounds like a square-wave bass signal being sent to your speakers at 150% of rated power!) Be mindful of your volume setting the first time you play it...

I got it on a digital download that contained several other remixes of the same song. If you want, I can look up that ISMN number when I get home.

Adam

I need to test the show tomorrow. I may have gotten the right mix since I went looking for one of the same length but, I haven't actually played it yet.

I'll let you know. I gather you're on nights again?

I gather you're on nights again?
    Yup - on nights through next Friday (July 5th). Lucky me! I don't even get a break in the schedule until Tuesday (just a 2 day break at that), and for my "break" I have to drive to NC to meet with Jeff and Mario to discuss SELEM plans. I'm going to be one tired little bitch by the end of all this...

At least I'm getting overtime for it!

Adam