Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC Laser Engraving 8bit Shades of Grey 445nm

Thank you Jay,

9MM Nichia 445nm laser diodes with ESD from DTR. I had more then an ESD on my router frame and only using the lasorbs resolved it.

Jeff
    Extensively Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925, Mini Diode Laser Engraver and now a Shapeoko 2 Laser Diode Engraver.

https://www.picengrave.com

I want in order to create in order to every person the latest practice formulated in order to laserlight engrave 8bit colors of greyish employing a 1W 445nm.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Could you reformulate your statement/question in a format people can understand?

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Could you reformulate your statement/question in a format people can understand?
    I reported as spam this morning - 'He' has been logged in since his first and only post and seems to be talking gibberish.

For those interested in setting up a laser diode for analog engraving, here is a link to a PDF Jeff and I put together to explain how we are doing it.
    www.picengrave.com/Laser%20Setups.pdf

Regards All,
    John Champlain

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

cool!

i've been working on a co2 cnc build in my garage. i could absolutely see using diodes for some applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Picengraver View Post
    For those interested in setting up a laser diode for analog engraving, here is a link to a PDF Jeff and I put together to explain how we are doing it.
    www.picengrave.com/Laser%20Setups.pdf

Regards All,
    John Champlain
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Welcome John,

post a couple of your laser diode engravings!

Swamidog,

I would like to see what can be done using a 405nm to engrave images. Is that what diode you may use if you do?

Jeff
    Extensively Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925, Mini Diode Laser Engraver and now a Shapeoko 2 Laser Diode Engraver.

https://www.picengrave.com

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the single mode 405nm diodes have considerably better beam specs than the higher power 445/450 multimodes, but at such short distances, i'm not sure how much of an issue it would be.

my controller does have z-axis outputs, but i was thinking it would be more elegant to tap into the laser control signals.

Quote Originally Posted by JJWMACHINECO View Post
    Welcome John,

post a couple of your laser diode engravings!

Swamidog,

I would like to see what can be done using a 405nm to engrave images. Is that what diode you may use if you do?

Jeff
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks Christopher. You have some really captivating videos.

Here's a link to a short video of my machine in action (http://youtu.be/LlDgTUm8Fi0). I have it mounted upright at about an 18° angle only to save desk space.

OK Jeff,
    One of my favorites is this one of Gene Autry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gene Autry.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	42239

John

Interesting stuff guys, keep it coming. Thanks Picengraver, for posting the setup PDF, great info.