Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC Laser Engraving 8bit Shades of Grey 445nm

mrfloppy,
    Please send me an email, and I'll try to generate a file for you. Include as many details as you can about your laser setup - laser power, feed rate, power, laser type, cnc control program, type of laser modulation (analog or TTL), etc. Also include a bmp file you would like converted. Is the 36x36 the maximum size of your axis travel?

John Champlain
    www.picengrave.com

mail sent.

yes my max engravable size is 36x36
    and i think it was 500 steps per axis, so 500x500 resolution at +/-2 inch diagonal?

homemade engraver built with 20€ in parts (excluding pi)

mrfloppy,
    Thanks for your reply. I am sending you a private email shortly.
    John
    www.picengrave.com

... here is a video showing the difference between 20mm/s and 80mm/s engraving speed:

https://vimeo.com/98961870

With the machine 200mm/s should be doable, but then the table is shaking horribly ...

Viktor

Jeff,
    I am looking to put together a laser diode setup to use on my CNC router. I have been going over the laser setups pdf on the PicEngrave website and have most of it figured out. The one item I see on page 12 is the relay that is on a PCB. Would you have the part number for the relay board? Since it looks like there maybe a transistor for driving the relay and not just a 5 vdc relay being run off of one of the pins from the breakout board I wanted to see if I could find the same board.

Thanks,
    Alan

... I'm using MOSFETs to switch the current to the drivers ... relays won't survive long enough for my PWM-driven diodes ...

Viktor

If I am understanding it correctly this relay is just for turning on and off the analog 0-5 vdc signal from the DAC to the diode driver, correct? Would this ever be used as a PWM signal?

Alan

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

can you bolt your table to something? i can do about 700mm/s with my system and i'm slinging around a lot more mass.

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... here is a video showing the difference between 20mm/s and 80mm/s engraving speed:

https://vimeo.com/98961870

With the machine 200mm/s should be doable, but then the table is shaking horribly ...

Viktor
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

... 700mm/s with linear moving and enough accuracy for laser-engraving?

I'm engraving at 1m/s with servo-driven scanning mirrors and up to 10m/s with galvo-driven. The best values with linear, servo-driven systems I've seen, can run with 24m/min best, what's around 400mm/s ... and this are linear motors with up to 3g accelerating abilities!

Which accuracy can you receive with your system? ... and what's your max stepping frequency?

Viktor

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	etch-01.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	44209

Name:	etch-02.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	44210

Name:	etch-03.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	44211

if i remember correctly, this snake was 300mm/s

Name:	lpf-snake.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	44212

Name:	xle-g-frame-02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	275.1 KB 
ID:	44214

and this came out nice (at a slower speed)

Name:	raygun-edge-02.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	239.9 KB 
ID:	44213

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... 700mm/s with linear moving and enough accuracy for laser-engraving?

I'm engraving at 1m/s with servo-driven scanning mirrors and up to 10m/s with galvo-driven. The best values with linear, servo-driven systems I've seen, can run with 24m/min best, what's around 400mm/s ... and this are linear motors with up to 3g accelerating abilities!

Which accuracy can you receive with your system? ... and what's your max stepping frequency?

Viktor
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.