Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Laser noobie looking for help

The pinouts that you are looking at are rs232 pinouts, you need to look up ilda pinouts.

Jim

Default EasyLase USB Help Needed

I have recieved my entire laser setup and i have started setting it up today! I have installed my software which is LaserWorld laser editer with a easylase usb. The laserworld software i have found is pretty much an exact rip off of mamba black. The program will run, but it is not speaking to the easy lase. When i run the easy lase test it says all devices are off or disconnected. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Joey

Default Another Question

Sorry to reply to my own post but i figured out my problem (after about six hours of working on it). I have a new problem. When I run premade animations that come with the software all of the frames just fly by. Is there any way to slow down the speed a frame goes by without going in and adding more points?
    Thanks,
    Joey

After another two hours of work i figured out my previous problem but now i have a new one. All of my images are playing upsidown! They are right side up on the computer screen and upside down on the wall where the laser is projected. Its quite perplexing. Any ideas?

Joey

Lightbulb

I have no idea about your set up, but is the y+ and y- hookups backwards?

Exclamation

This is where the 9024 scanner driver excells here. You can invert the signals to the scanners independantly or both yielding the inverted image righting itself. Looks like you will have to swap the scanners around a bit to get the images correct or find a way to do it in your software. Hope this helps
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

If it is a copy of the Mamba Black, there are check boxes for inverting x and y.
    They are located at the bottom, click the UGC tab and you will see them.

What was the solution to the shows playing in turbo? If I run shows from Live Player they run super fast too !

Jim

Hey Jimbo,
    Thanks a lot, it worked. My invert y was turned on for some reason.

To slow down the live player i have a "pic rep" slider. It was way to the left for me and the shows shot by. I use it in live mode a lot too.

I was wondering if there was an auto trace capability in mamba software. and if so, how do you use it?

Thanks,
    Joey

There isn't an auto trace, but you can set a background picture and trace it yourself.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by yaddatrance View Post
    To put it simply: Easylase > Alphalite

but more significantly the main problem with alphalite is that the technology used doesn't work well on the modern preemptive versions of windows. This is noticable as hotspots and flashes during playback.
    After reading this, I tried my Alphalite on an older Windows ME laptop that was lurking in the wardrobe, all the little hotspots are gone, it runs like a dream!

Thanks!