Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who all is going to FLEM?

I`ll be there with my wife.

Fred
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Hmmm, how much lasagna we gonna need? I'm not bitchin cause I may have another friend coming, but I wondering if some more sause should of been made... :roll: :? I was thinking 12 to 15. I think we may top the 20 mark. I'm not sure my ghetto projector can take that much scrutiny. ops:

Rick:

The whole idea of "FLEM" came about because we couldn't get SELEM put together this past summer. We had already decided on the "South East Laser Enthusiasts Meeting", and everyone seemed to like SELEM as an acronym. (Pronouced "sell-eem", by the way.) So when we started kicking around ideas for a mini-meeting in Florida, someone suggested "FLEM" as a working title, and it just stuck. I agree that it looks like it should be pronounced "Phlegm", but that sounded too gross, so we went with the long E sound at the end. ("Fleem")

But really, what is in a name anyway, right? We just wanted to get together and geek out with our lasers.

Now that FLEM has happened (and was a resounding sucess), we will be planning a larger SELEM for this summer. Stay tuned for details.

Adam

Sounds like a good time was has by all
    Got pics?

Default Edit: link to FLEM videos

Pics and video comming soon....

EDIT:

Ok, several people have asked for a direct link to the videos. If you do not have an FTP client (Smart FTP is a good one, and it's free!) installed on your computer, you can use Internet Explorer to log onto Cruch's FTP site. (Hooray for Cruch for resetting the server so I could upload the files there as well!) If you've got an FTP client installed already, scroll to the bottom of this message for the login info.

Otherwise, if you're going to use Internet Explorer, you need to check the following setting first:

Launch Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu, select Internet Options, then click the Advanced tab. Under "Browsing", be certain that the "enable folder view for FTP sites" box is checked. Then click OK.

Now you can click on this link: ftp://ilda@80.89.36.105/Laser%20Show%20Video/
    It will connect to the server (may take several seconds) and then you will see a password window.
    Enter "swap" (all lower case, and omit the "" marks) as the password and click the "remember password" box.
    Then click the "log in" button.

Now you'll see a folder for the FLEM videos. Double-click it to open it (remember, this is a folder view - so just like in a window on the desktop, one click selects but two clicks will open.)Now you should see a list of all the videos from FLEM that I uploaded.

You can double-click a file to load it directly into Windows Media Player (and from there you can save it to your hard drive), or you can right-click on a file and select "save to folder", or you can simply click and drag the files onto your desktop (or any other open folder window.)

Enjoy!

Adam

PS: If you do have an FTP client, just log on to 80.89.36.105 on port 21 with the login of ilda and a password of swap. Navigate to the Laser Show Video folder, and inside that one you'll find the FLEM video folder. In there are all the clips!

I agree that it looks like it should be pronounced "Phlegm", but that sounded too gross, so we went with the long E sound at the end. ("Fleem")
    It doesn't matter what you adopted it will go down in the record books as Phlegm :lol: :lol:

Jim