Thread: Clarke 18" box fan

Default Clarke 18" box fan

I was doing an outdoor show on Saturday with the scope and had a Le Maitre MVS Hazer at the stage and an Antari Z1500II fog machine at FOH running around 20%... The problem I found when I loaded in and tested on Friday, was that the haze blew back into the stage where the orchestra were, and the fog blew into the tech tent where I was.

So I bought a couple of these Clarke 18" Box Fans: http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...rke-18-box-fan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBF18.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	39173

On the lowest of the 3 settings, these things kept the fog and haze pretty much exactly where I wanted it. At full power they would probably blow the audience away

They are made of ABS, so light weight and pretty tough, they are black just how we like it and they tilt horizontal in case you want a vertical plume of smoke...

So, if you are looking for decent, reasonable cost fans, look no further.

Cheers
    Mark

Nice tip Mark, and I can concur having being on the receiving end of one of these. They're pretty decent
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

It was the horizontal tilting that sold them for me, they click into place at several different angles... I have had many a night faffing around trying to balance fans on top of fog machines and then gaffa them into place and that doesn't look too professional...

the 24 and 30" drum fans in that range are also excellent and very well built - i have some of the black, showtech branded versions ( otherwise identical) and these work well in 10,000 seater arenas!