Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" type of fan

Default "New" type of fan

Hi guys,

With the 3 hot days we had in holland a lot of stores came with adds of fans. 1 type of fan cought my attention. Dyson has come out a while ago with the bladeless fan or air multiplyer. I found a video where they explain how this works:

Then i started thinking: could this be suiteble for the laser industry? Like to cool you projector or dispence smoke on a smooth and efficience way?

What do you think guys?

Still has a fan in the base, and I wont say anything about the price......

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    Still has a fan in the base, and I wont say anything about the price......
    This. The price has a lot to do with the brand name though.

Price is fine, good quality comes with a higher price. Maybe a little bit to expencive but not much. Damn nice invention if you ask me. Too many people are getting used to "chinese prices" and apperantly accept the lower quallity. Some people that i know just say "well you just have to except it that you can trow it away after 3 times of use......

Almost everything that is made from plastic comes from china and breaks, doesn,t hold , get worn etc. Sometimes you wish i was living in the roaring twenties. The cars where solid and when you had a windup recordplayer it was designed to last forever.

One thing is for sure a carpenter buys a makita, why? because it lasts!!!

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

I picked up an old stock makita spade drill a few months back. Slow spinning so real good for large hole saw bits.
    And guess what. MADE IN JAPAN!

Yes I admit its still no "bladeless" fan but the needed fan is much smaller then you needed before (so they claim). And yes dyson is more expensive. But with little material you can create the same result:

The system is not that difficult to make. The big plus on this system seem to be (for me) that your blades are less exposed on dust and smokefluid. But you can also think on a more passive system where you have a main fan and 4 of these fans connected with hoses so you can place you fan on a place with less dust or a saperate room to isolate sound if needed.

Some options i was thinking of...

I found these confetti launchers are the best way to explain how the air multiplier works:-

http://www.balloonco.com/all/Venturi...20Launcher.jpg

Guy from MTFX talked me through it last year!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If something like this were made on a 3" scale like a projector size fan, I wonder if it would still have the same efficiency and move that additional air? At least it would likely quiet down the projector. Be nice if something like that actually could work on some of those Laser Physics/Reliant gas lasers that are so loud.

Could this type of "Fan" even fill a box with air? I dont think it could go past static pressure? Its a fan acting on a wing like surface.

But they float a balloon through out their factory... thats gotta be worth something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNcjkZ6d0w