Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightspace (Omar<-FL) and Melody Lee (Lightspace)

Thumbs up Lightspace (Omar<-FL) and Melody Lee (Lightspace)

I got the deal from this thread:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-RGB-lasers***

I did order my laser 17.07.2013 , and it took 5 days to built it and do the testing (she said)
    But it was only passed 3-4 days and I got the tracking number.
    And 7 days after it was shipped from China <---- CHINA it did arrive at my house door in Norway!

So only a total of 2 weeks from order until I use it home.. that is impressive !

The laser itself:

Very well made, venting seems good for the drivers and PSU.
    Lasers are protected inside the sealed box with window in front for the galvo.
    And the build inside look very professional (no glued mounts with bad z screws), they use X.Y.Z mounts for each mirror, and the mounts seems to be of a solid standard.

Power ON:

The white is perfect, the laser is thin and works great for graphic and beam show
    Also tested the DMX, worked without any trouble !!
    Nice little feature if I want to do some quick effects and dont want to bring my computer.

With the lasers was: instruction manual, DMX cables, cable for loop, key for ON\OFF safety, and some wire for safety when you mount it.

Display in the back was easy to understand, and you can choose Auto mode, Music mode And DMX mode (if not using ILDA)
    Also pretty awesome that you got 2 button tho invert X and Y galvo !! thumbs UP

Lasers itself seems to be in good quality, but the green does not modulate as fast as the others, it turns ON slower..
    So you if you draw a green circle you can notice that the green laser is a tiny bit weaker half circle before it goes full ON the rest.
    if you draw only a green circle the power is 100% , but not if it need to go off and then on. (maybe adjustment of TEC?)

Galvos are fast and works great, but they could be faster and do intense graphic better. (But then again you need to pay more)

So my conclusion: I give Lightspace and their staff thumbs UP

The only bad thing was that one flight case was broken at arrival, but that is the PO problem, not lightspace (lasers was unharmed)

some pictures taken from my phone:

Why the circles deformed?

Any beam shots, especially the red?

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Why the circles deformed?

Any beam shots, especially the red?
    Dont mind the circles, first time I tested the lasers.
    Have not adjusted everything in software yet, not have I adjusted the scan speed to the blanking and corner output of the galvo etc..

But comparing to the DT40-PRO, this lasers is a tiny bit slower (But that is a very very tiny bit)
    After all, they can not be compared to anything regarding the price you pay!!

Dont have any beam shot, as I dont have any room to fill with smoke :\

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I got my two today. Very impressed and will be posting a review soon. Sucks that you suffered the problem with the flight case though.

I agree the white on these is great and the divergence is SO tiny. Amazing how tight the beams are. I'm so used to seeing some red or blue edges to all my white lines at 100 feet and these are almost non-existent and still pure white. I think you got the 3 watts with the extra blue correct? I got the 2.5's and would have liked to get the additional red but it nearly doubled the price.

Back the speed off slightly and see what happens to the circles. I saw this on my Kvant, albeit a lot more slight at 30K but it resolved at 28K which is what the scanners were rated for in fairness to Kvant. You're probably just a little over speed. Try taking 5K off (in the software) and adjusting from there.

If it was sent insured, you should be able to claim the cost of the flight case off the postal service (remember you want a delivered price as Omar will have to send another). I'd claim as otherwise you have no usable flight case.

BB: I also have the 2.5W..

The problem with flight case is OK, have been talking to Melody and there is no more problem.
    The price of the flight case is so sick low compared to what I need to pay back home!
    And after some trips around the clubs, a flight case usually look like that anyway

The most important is the laser that is inside, and the scratch did not touch the foam inside, so both lasers are 100% OK.

@laserlips...
    I have also the 3 Watt Pluto....the red beam is: 3,1x2.6mm, at 30meter is round about 32x22mm...so it is ca...0.8mrd....

Thanks for all, we will do better and better!

wish I can get one

About to put in an order on the 3.6 watt today based on board member recommendations. Will post experience.